The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider Interview

Erik Karlsson

So ok I get it you are of the belief that it is a bad thing to have two good goalies on the team. And you think that Cory should be given the chance to develop as the number 1 goalie in a shortened season, and that AV's attitude of winning the next game is merely a short sighted goal with no consideration of the over all big playoff picture. So points and position at this point in the season means nothing according to your could care less about who gives us the best chance to win attitude. I am quite happy to see the team go on a 3 or 4 game winning streak and build up some points before AV decides to "give someone a chance" or "test him out". If Schneider's ego is that sensitive then I am sure he will be run out of town as well.

I think he has the responsibility to play the goalie that has the best chance of winning a cup, I'm sick of AV's short sighted win the next game mind set. He needs to have a long term plan and stop flipping his dam coins. The team wants to part ways with Lou because of his PLAYOFF play and that should be more important then winning the next game.

Flawed on so many levels. You don't have that win the next game mentality, you don't make the playoffs. Win the next game with whoever is playing the best, make the playoffs, assess situation go from there....

I could not imagine what would happen to the Canucks if AV were to coach like some suggest on here... This team would be down the dumper faster than Armstongs career achievements...

Luongo a future hall of famer? Unless he has a few more years where he put up unreal numbers and earns some hardware not likely.

I wouldnt go as far as saying luongo has been playing to good. Luongo has better stats this year but has also played teams that have been struggling to score, Luongo hasn't stood on his head, he hasn't stole us a game, he's just play ok. Cory besided the first game has done exactly the same. hasn't stood on his head, he hasn't stole us a game, he's just play ok. The only reason luongo is getting the start is simply because of his SO. just like when cory played back to back games after ANH. If canucks would have won 4-2 or even lost 1-0 schneider would have been in net

Archived