The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Is Huberdeau really immovable?

Zoolander

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know Dale Tallon has gone on record to say he's not interested in trading high-end prospects but is that 100% set in stone?

Florida has Bjugstad ready to make the jump to the NHL next season and they will probably be in the running for Mackinnon this year as well. That's an amazing 1-2 punch just a year or 2 down the road.

Could a proposal like this get Tallon to consider giving up Huberdeau?

****At the Draft

To VAN-

C/LW-Jonathon Huberdeau

3rd rd pick 2013

To FLA-

G-Roberto Luongo

LW/RW-Mason Raymond

1st rd pick 2014 (This 1st will likely be a late 1st, which I think evens out the trade)

Vancouver:

-Takes on no bad contracts

-gains a future cornerstone of the franchise

Florida:

-Gains a goalie who can steal games for you/mentor Markstrom

-Roberto adds both leadership, and talent to the locker room that could bring fans to the rink

-Raymond adds speed to their top 9 and could be a 20-25g scorer if given the minutes, and if he is able to stay healthy (hopefully he continues to produce and his stock is high)

-1st rd pick is insurance if Raymond doesn't sign

prospect dynamic duo's

1)Huberdeau/Jensen

2)Schroeder/Kassian

I don't think this makes much sense for either team.

We already have six very capable centres, five natural ones, of which two are all stars.

We're trading a former fourth overall pick who is already a franchise player(debatable), a late first round pick who could turn into a top six forward easily, and an extremely fast winger who's playing super well this season, for a future franchise player in a position we're strong in.

I don't know, I think we can do better to fit team needs.

Who here thinks Jordan Schroeder is the heir to Henrik's Sedin's 1st line role?

A potential all star?

If the answer to either question is no; we should be looking at ways to add a player with the potential upside of a Huberdeau.

Schroeder's play is encouraging, he looks like he's going to make it. And maybe with Kesler (someday) as first line guy, and Gaunce as a 3rd line guy (fill your own names, these two are big two way guys) maybe Schroeder can be a play making 2knd line centre in the ilk of a Ronning. Odd's are if Hank and Kess hang out for 3 or 5 more years Schroeder will be traded to a lower calibre team who will use him as their scoring 2knd line centre.

And for the moment he's a harder working, faster, better defensively and more dynamic upgrade on Wellwood.Sulks to be Winnipeg, and also suggests he has worthwhile value. But not in Huberdeau's league.

So if not Huberdeau, some other prospect would be worth fishing for any time the chance exists.

Let me just answer this thread and any future "Is [name of player] really immovable?" threads in one statement:

Any player anywhere is moveable at any time (within the confines of the CBA) for the right price.

Having said that, is Huberdeau likely to be moved in a trade? No, but of course that's been covered any number of ways in proposals and the multiple Luongo threads.

I know Dale Tallon has gone on record to say he's not interested in trading high-end prospects but is that 100% set in stone?

Florida has Bjugstad ready to make the jump to the NHL next season and they will probably be in the running for Mackinnon this year as well. That's an amazing 1-2 punch just a year or 2 down the road.

Could a proposal like this get Tallon to consider giving up Huberdeau?

****At the Draft

To VAN-

C/LW-Jonathon Huberdeau

3rd rd pick 2013

To FLA-

G-Roberto Luongo

LW/RW-Mason Raymond

1st rd pick 2014 (This 1st will likely be a late 1st, which I think evens out the trade)

Archived