The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Speculation] Ryan O'Reilly done in Colorado

CoreyPerry

Did you see Ryan Miller's post-game interview on Sunday?

"...I mean, really, it's a 3-2 lead in the 3rd, can't we just make them bring it (the puck) all the way back (200 feet)? Is that too much to ask? It's just really frustrating... ...sigh..." etc, etc.

I think you people and the avs are WAY over valuing O'Reilly. I mean look at his numbers. He's never scored 20 goals in a season, EVER. He isn't that big at 6'0" 205lbs.

I have no idea why 55pts 18 goals is worth a top 6 forward and a prospect. People on here would have laughed their asses off if anyone had suggested that Raymond was worth that much but his best year of 53pts 25 goals is comparable to O'Reilly's best year.

Add to the above that this kid is holding out for more money than his far more talented team mate, duchene got and I would say buyer beware. People are going to pay a kings ransome for a third line center.

I think you people and the avs are WAY over valuing O'Reilly. I mean look at his numbers. He's never scored 20 goals in a season, EVER. He isn't that big at 6'0" 205lbs.

I have no idea why 55pts 18 goals is worth a top 6 forward and a prospect. People on here would have laughed their asses off if anyone had suggested that Raymond was worth that much but his best year of 53pts 25 goals is comparable to O'Reilly's best year.

Add to the above that this kid is holding out for more money than his far more talented team mate, duchene got and I would say buyer beware. People are going to pay a kings ransome for a third line center.

Higgins, Cannauton, 2014 1st, 2013 2nd for O'reilly.

I do this because- we need more up front

more points

more toughness

I think seeing as we cannot move a goalie now and that our window is in fact closing, we need to make an "all in move" without damaging our current team

Cannauton will not break our D core any time soon. Carrodo is probably ahead of him despite being in Junrior.

we draft guys like Sauve, Rodin, Mallet in the second round so we mind as well use that pik to get a young player who can help us

the 2014 first I include becuae O'reilly is young and we will probably get a first or a young player back in a goalie trade.

I do want to watch our team dominate good teams again and O'reilly can help us.

I am open to up grading that 2013 2nd to a first if colorado sends something else back our way.

what do you guys think?

suggest other all in deals that do not hurt our core

Higgins, Cannauton, 2014 1st, 2013 2nd for O'reilly.

I do this because- we need more up front

more points

more toughness

I think seeing as we cannot move a goalie now and that our window is in fact closing, we need to make an "all in move" without damaging our current team

Cannauton will not break our D core any time soon. Carrodo is probably ahead of him despite being in Junrior.

we draft guys like Sauve, Rodin, Mallet in the second round so we mind as well use that pik to get a young player who can help us

the 2014 first I include becuae O'reilly is young and we will probably get a first or a young player back in a goalie trade.

I do want to watch our team dominate good teams again and O'reilly can help us.

I am open to up grading that 2013 2nd to a first if colorado sends something else back our way.

what do you guys think?

suggest other all in deals that do not hurt our core

Think about context a little?

When Raymond had 53 points he was SIXTH on his team in scoring plus Grabner and Demitra playing fewer games but not being far off in pace. The team had 268 goals. There was zero pressure on Raymond as a 3rd line winger who stepped up to play 2nd line..

On the flipside, O'Reilly LED his team in points. Was the 1st line center. Showed he had AWESOME capabilities as a defensive forward. Three years younger than Raymond was. And the Avs collected a whole 199 goals last year...

Attitude issue obviously to be sitting out at this point in his career. How he thinks he is worth more than duchene is beyond me. Plus he has a nut job for a dad who is causing a stink too. Wouldn't touch him. Peter Nedved is who this kid reminds me of. Talent yes, but not as much as he seems to think. I would not offer half what you people are suggesting.

Archived