The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zach kassian needs to wake up!

yete

I completely agree with the OP. Do you even notice Kassian out there?

I actually watched him start to finish on one shift (the first time in the game I noticed him) and he skated around in the lower portion of the St. Louis end, circled the net once or twice, got the puck and then passed it right to St. Louis with a pass attempt and then skated to the bench

It's pretty obvious he has limited puck skills. He stays low because he's only going to score on a rebound or something in close.

In games like this, he should at least bring a physical presence, but he didn't do that either.

Not meaning to rag on Zack Kassian, but he needed to be taught how to play along the boards by Newell Brown...something he should have learned back in bantam. He still wasn't doing it correctly on his next shift. :sadno:

He's just being a young player and having consistency issues. He was effective early on because he was playing physical and is now too fixated on making skilled plays. He needs to go back to the basic (play physical) and that will create the space needed to make those skilled plays.

Kassian's average TOI through 14 games is 15:40. Tonight he played 11:03. His TOI in the 3rd period was 1:53 and in overtime he had zero shifts.

Hmm... earlier in the season he was playing 18/19 minutes a game. Now he's playing 11. His production has dropped off. Go figure.

Chicken or the egg. Is he producing less because of less ice time or is he getting less ice time because he's producing less? AV's position is obvious. he's the one reducing his ice time.

Yes start attacking one of our young players (who other then the last few games) has been amazing this season, sighs, while your at it why don't you attack Kes and The Sedins, and Luongo, why not throw the entire team under the bus? Gesh, can't us fans just accept that players will off days.

I'm guessing the OP never watched much of Zack on the Wolves. If you did you wouldn't be surprised by this. He'd have a string of great games much like you saw to begin this season and then he'd be invisible or not good for a number of games in a row.

He struggles with inconsistency like its almost as if he's 22 years old....oh wait, he is.

This may be hard for some Canuck fans to handle but you're going to actually have to have some patience with this prospect for a change.

The kid is young if you think he is going to bring it every night your going to be sadly mistaken. Zack has to work on his consistency that's his major flaw right now he doesn't bring the physicality every night which he going to have to do to become a effective NHL power forward. I for one didn't expect him to keep up the pace he started the season with he's young and will go through his ups and downs.

But for one yete your a retard zack is 22 years old did you expect him to be a premier power forward at this stage of his career? This kid had alot of potential if he learns how to bring the consistency on a regular basis he will be a good player but right now everyone shouldn't be expecting a 50 point physical dominating power forward. It will come with time he will learn but right now it would be a waste to have him on the 4th line, if he continues to struggle they should send him down to work on his consistency.

Archived