The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

I think he's actually the same poster though. ;)

Think about it. King of the ES used to post in this thread all the time. Then he suddenly disappears, and CH101 starts posting in here a bunch right around the same time.

The thing is; maybe we're looking at this wrong?

Washington remains, IMO, our most likely trading partner. They have depth beyond their needs at right D, centre and do have prospects. I agree with DeNiro that pressure to win, and make a move, hopefully is a factor. They're also thin at left D and left wing. Seems a match of some sort, although we can't help them at RW which is an issue for them?

Change in thinking is filling their needs without Lou?

Ballard for Orlov. Booth plus ? for MoJo? Well Ballard means we have cap space for a rental right D, but score a prospect; stretching there... Someone help me out!

And with current outlook, why would Florida give up good young players for Lou (aside from that opening goal Markstrom let in night before last :picard: in Washington).? And they need wingers; but probably don't want Booth back? Jensen for Shore makes a lot of sense to me? Young dynamic winger for young dynamic centre, decent size, capable of playing now?

Raymond for Mueller?

Any other idea's gents?

Yeah I agree. Also think they want to keep Huberdeau on the wing so later on they can have Bjugstad at center.

Cause they have alot of prospect centers: Bjugstad, Shore, Trocheck, Grimaldi, Rau, Knight.

If they are really packing it in and going into sell mode like some people have suggested then I don't really think they are interested in Luongo at this point unless we offer them a great deal.

Washington remains, IMO, our most likely trading partner. They have depth beyond their needs at right D, centre and do have prospects. I agree with DeNiro that pressure to win, and make a move, hopefully is a factor. They're also thin at left D and left wing. Seems a match of some sort, although we can't help them at RW which is an issue for them?

Ballard for Orlov. Booth plus ? for MoJo? Well Ballard means we have cap space for a rental right D, but score a prospect; stretching there... Someone help me out!

And with current outlook, why would Florida give up good young players for Lou (aside from that opening goal Markstrom let in night before last :picard: in Washington).? And they need wingers; but probably don't want Booth back? Jensen for Shore makes a lot of sense to me? Young dynamic winger for young dynamic centre, decent size, capable of playing now?

Raymond for Mueller?

Any other idea's gents?

Raymond for Mueller?

Any other idea's gents?

Raymond for Mueller?

Any other idea's gents?

I think Gillis feels the heat from the fans here in Vancouver and can't afford to make another bad trade like all of his recent ones.

If there was a year we didn't make the playoffs, this would be the year. It's been a funny season from the beginning. Kesler's injuries and Bieksa dealing with his groin issue. I know time is not on this teams side but lets be realistic, they're not going to win this year with the way the team is right now.

How good would it be if we get lucky and don't make the playoffs, get lucky and get a top 5 draft pick and trade Luongo for something that will help us out for years?

I don't think that deal works for either side.

With a healthy line-up the Capitals are up tight to the cap. Fehr is a UFA and the Canucks need a centre not wingers.

There might be potential there, with Green if healthy as a major piece coming back, but the deal would need to look a bit different than that.

Archived