The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks and the Jets Kane?

Lets bring a local boy with size back home.

Canucks

Schneider and Booth

For

Jets

Kane

If it's true that Luongo has not much value in the market, why not keep him. He's as good if not better than Schneider right now.

The Jets need goaltending and Winnipeg could get an old Moose player. I know they just signed Pavelec but they know better than anyone, how good Schneider is. I'm sure they could dump Pavelec in Long Island or something.

Kane would give us everything we need in size and grit that Kassian isn't quite ready for. I can appreciate Kassian will be good down the road but we need now. Kane has had his problems in Winnipeg and I'm sure he'd love to come home. Could imagine the size and grit he would add to our lineup for years to come. It'd be scary. We would also have 2 very dangerous lines.

In a seperate trade we could go after a 3rd line centre.

Let's not. Kane has attitude issues. Besides, he's not that big. 6'2" and 195 means he's lighter than Kesler, significantly smaller than Kassian ...about the same as Hansen. Booth has almost 20 pounds on him and plays plenty gritty.

WInnipeg doesn't have a goalie problem so why would they trade their franchise player for a lateral goalie move with perhaps a small upside?

Let's not. Kane has attitude issues. Besides, he's not that big. 6'2" and 195 means he's lighter than Kesler, significantly smaller than Kassian ...about the same as Hansen. Booth has almost 20 pounds on him and plays plenty gritty.

WInnipeg doesn't have a goalie problem so why would they trade their franchise player for a lateral goalie move with perhaps a small upside?

Wrong. Kane's dad played a large role in his development (in a good way, not a CoHo way), he wasn't allowed to touch weights in his teen years. His dad wanted him to fully grow and concentrate on his game. Just now he is starting to bulk up. Also, it's a fact that young players struggle to put on weight until their mid to late 20's. Kane is stud and would be an amazing pick up. I would love this trade.

Archived