The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo destined for Tampa Bay

I just have this feeling Luongo is Heading to Tampa Bay. With Them currently out of the playoff picture, i feel Yzerman is under pressure to make the playoffs. Just 2 years ago, they fell to the Bruins in game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals, narrowly meeting us in the finals. The NHL needs the best goal scorer in the game (Stamkos) to be in the playoffs competing. Luongo would wave to TB and Yzerman would be reunited wtih the goalie that delivered him gold.

Could this be a case of your enemies-enemy, is a friend?

Can we come up with a trade that would improve both teams, while remaining competitive enough to push for a cup for both teams?

Lecavalier / Ott / Malone

I Feel the canucks have to be interested in a deal surrounding any one of these 3.

Lecavalier is very interesting, it would basically be a horrible contract swap. The backup plan Nonis deal revisited in 2013 under the perfect storm of circumstances. With the Kesler injuries, management might need a backup plan in case 1 of either Henrik or Kesler go down in the playoffs. THis addition would put us over the top. He needs a change of scenerey and injection of Canadian passion in my opinion. A big skilled top 6 player that plays physical to our team. Just what the stanley cup ordered.

Why the lightining do it.

Stamkos and St Louis are now the guys that carry the offensive load. Guys like Purcell and rookie sensation Cory Conacher are providing the bulk of secondary offense. The addition of elite goaltending would make this team a contender once again.

Ott - would fit our team like a glove

Malone - Playoff performer, Big, Physical, pretty good hands and shot

I feel we need to pick up center/rw depth if were gonna make a deep push.

On the table from our side - Luongo / Ballard/ Schroedor ( i love the kid)

I'd do Luongo for Brett Connolly. It seems to be a Gillis-type move, acquiring another young, NHL-ready player with upside (a la Kassian).

TB could probably use a more established goalie than Lindback if they want to make a real playoff push. They also have a ton of young, talented forward prospects (Conacher, Killorn, Panik, Palat, Johnson, Kucherov, Gusev, Namestnikov, etc) that are potentially pushing Connolly out. The first three have already played in the NHL over Connolly.

TB doesn't take much of a hit to their pool. Canucks get a good player for Luongo.

I'd do Luongo for Brett Connolly. It seems to be a Gillis-type move, acquiring another young, NHL-ready player with upside (a la Kassian).

TB could probably use a more established goalie than Lindback if they want to make a real playoff push. They also have a ton of young, talented forward prospects (Conacher, Killorn, Panik, Palat, Johnson, Kucherov, Gusev, Namestnikov, etc) that are potentially pushing Connolly out. The first three have already played in the NHL over Connolly.

TB doesn't take much of a hit to their pool. Canucks get a good player for Luongo.

Teams are dying to get thier hands on Booth?

Do you guys really think we can just trade mistakes like booth and ballard? If we could just give away this 10 million dollars worth of wasted skin we would do it already, stop pretending teams are dying to give us something back for these mistakes.

I like this trade for lecavieler and connolly for loungo and maybe schreider or another player ( not jensen ) and pick under the condition they retain some of lecaveilers salary. Its the only way they will get rid of lecavieler is to retain a portion of his cap and we can use his size on the second line centering kesler

Archived