The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Cam Ward out 6-8 Weeks

Cam Ward will miss 6-8 weeks with a third-degree MCL sprain:

RALEIGH, NC – Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that goaltender Cam Ward has been diagnosed with a third-degree sprain of the medial collateral ligament (MCL). Surgery will not be required for the injury, and he is expected to be out six to eight weeks.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=658493

Looks like they're content to ride the Ellis/Peters tandem for now. They're leading the dismal Southeast so they must feel they can get along and make the playoffs without having to find a better replacement.

Sucks for Carolina, but since they're in a weaker division, they can probably ride it out.

All we need is one of Florida or Washington (or both) to see this as their opportunity to win the division, and go out and get that goaltender that can backstop them to the playoffs. ;)

I think Ellis is a good goalie, and Peters is a pretty legit goalie prospect, but they have a chance to run away with the division lead this year and I don't know if Ellis can out battle Markstrom, Holtby, Pavalec, and Lindback night in and night out.

I think Ellis is a good goalie, and Peters is a pretty legit goalie prospect, but they have a chance to run away with the division lead this year and I don't know if Ellis can out battle Markstrom, Holtby, Pavalec, and Lindback night in and night out.

Archived