The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 30 Canadian Players of All-Time - #8

-AJ-

#8 Canadian Player of All-Time  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Martin Brodeur won with 46.43% of the votes.

Francis and Dionne both had two nominations. I used Excel's random function to determine the winner and Francis won.

Ron Francis was added to the list.

Congratulations to Martin Brodeur for being named the #7 Canadian Player of All-Time!

We are going with the Country the player played for internationally.

Please remember to nominate someone to be added to the voting list!

The List:

#1 - Wayne Gretzky

#2 - Bobby Orr

#3 - Mario Lemieux

#4 - Gordie Howe

#5 - Maurice Richard

#6 - Patrick Roy

#7 - Martin Brodeur

Voting Doug Harvey again, winner of seven Norris trophies in the 50s and 60s and by looking at the results of the last poll, he's also clearly underrated.

Harvey-BW2.jpg

I'll nominate Marcel Dionne again, an underrated forward who put up incredible point totals including three consecutive 130+ point seasons.

Marcel-Dionne.jpeg

Nominating Jacques Plante again.

Not only is he the guy that made it acceptable to wear a mask in the NHL, but his 6 Vezina trophies and 1 Hart trophy make him a solid candidate for our list. He also changed many of the ways the position is played such as actively passing the puck to his defensemen and directing the play from the net.

220-jacques-plante.jpg

I voted Phil Esposito.

I nominate Stan Mikita. Undersized player who played 20 seasons, all with the Hawks.

• Ranked 14th all-time in points, 16th in assists, 29th in goals

• Won the Hart Memorial Trophy as most valuable player in 1967 and 1968.

• Won the Art Ross Trophy as leading scorer in 1964, 1965, 1967 and 1968.

• Won the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy in 1967 and 1968.

• The only player in NHL history to win the Hart, Art Ross, and Lady Byng trophies in the same season, doing so in consecutive seasons, in 1966–67 and 1967–68

• AAGV046-Action~Stan-Mikita-Posters.jpg

Voting Steve Yzerman

Next up is Mark Messier. Though this board will probably push him back to around #20 because of all the hate towards him, no matter how good he's been and what he's accomplished.

Voting Steve Yzerman

Next up is Mark Messier. Though this board will probably push him back to around #20 because of all the hate towards him, no matter how good he's been and what he's accomplished.

True, but if you look at the votes so far and the ones already selected, he's on pace for 15th. I hope I'm wrong. He's been quite a figure in hockey deserves to be recognized.

I'm probably one of the fewer ones here that don't hate the man because of 1994 or for signing here in 1997 and using the #11 then.

Archived