The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Kesler Trade.

Wow, Wow, slow down..I know people are jumping out of their bed sheets, chairs, couches etc. BUT I've started to feel as if we may need to trade this man.

Kesler is a very dominant force when it comes to playing a offensive/defensive game. He's good don't get me wrong. However, I really wish he would produce more, goals wise, yes he has a nice shot but he's had one solid scoring season (41 Goals), that's good but I'm starting to think that a person who has the injuries he's had will never perform as good as he can. He's had surgeries, not just one or two. He's had his body cut open and then refurbished more than two times. He will never be the same, be it a physical reason, or a mental strain he'll hold onto. When it comes down to it, he needs to be our go to guy. The Sedins are phenomenal but they can't carry this team to the finals, they just don't have that mentality. It needs to be Kesler, he needs to be the guy who can carry this team on his back all the way. Unless he steps up and is able to do this, we're not going to win anytime soon. Either he steps up, or we need to change him, we need a guy who's going to carry the team.

We have depth, we have the twins, we have speed, we've got the agression, BUT we lack that Trevor Linden type of persona. When we speak about winning a cup, it's more than just playing good. It's how the team is feeling throughout the stretch. They need a presence which can inspire motivate and dominate. We can't rely on the twins, they play their game, they're really nice guys, BUT they don't have that Michael Jordan competitiveness. I can see that Kesler might, but he needs to change something or we're not going anywhere.

And No I don't hate the guy (Kesler) but I really want this city to win, we deserve this, and we can't get so emotionally attached to everyone who comes into this franchise. I believe in blue I always have and always will. Now, I'd like to read some feedback. LOL can't wait for the beef.

so, what team wants an injured ryan kesler and is going to part with a young franchise player for him who will carry the team for the next decade? Oh and that player better be a centre as well. Good luck!

I understand it's a difficult time for him, but he still has amazing trade value. At the end of the day he has a lot of physical turbulence. I can only imagine how it must feel to be him, putting the same amount of force on something he has had surgically tampered with will inevitably never feel the same. With a situation such as his it's more mental than anything, hence why I hope he has the mentality of playing with a massive chip on his shoulder and really steps up when the team needs him. But if this does not happen (in the short run), I think it's time for a change (for the short-run). The team the Canucks have is great, and will still be great for the next 2 years. I don't find it to make any sense to add little 3rd or 4th line guys in an attempt to make a run for the cup. We need someone big and now, or we're going to let this window of opportunity pass.

Archived