The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Split up the twins until Kes is back? (forward lines)

apollo

To be fair, if you subtract a top-line player from any team they will be significantly worse off. Take away Hossa from Chicago, Zetterberg from Detroit, Richards from LA, Bergeron from Boston...they're not the same teams.

I'm just of the opinion splitting the Sedins is a bad move. Together they're greater than the sum of their parts. Together they can make plays no one else can. We've seen before when Daniel is out that Henrik is capable of stepping up. But he has to do everything himself, and it looks like he's always looking for someone. Someone that's not there, or someone who doesn't have the ability to play at the same level as Henrik.

The Sedin/Sedin/Burrows line has innate chemistry. The rest of the team has to find a way to score. Raymond, Booth, Higgins and Hansen are all tweener players capable of a point every other game. When Kesler is healthy he is a force.

The Sedins are the best we have at passing accuracy and vision on the ice. If I was going to split them up, it would be so that Daniel could centre the 2nd line. I don't see any reason why he could not excel at that position.

We have already witnessed Henrik stepping up his game by scoring goals while Daniel was injured so there is no reason why he couldn't do it again. I like the idea of putting Kassian on with him. Booth has a million chances but is not a great finisher....he should be on the 3rd line.

I would put Burrows with Daniel beacause they are familiar with each other. I would like to see Hansen out with them but we need Hansen/Higgins/Raymond together on the 3rd line. I guess Booth on the 2nd for no other reason than we don't have many options.

I think the main point as you said is that Henrik is capable of stepping up as we've seen it before. So what is so bad that he has to carry the 1st line without Daniel? They are superstars and it's not so far fetched to hope that he could carry the line by himself

I would love alain to let a line play together for 5 minutes without changing it up .. so while it seems we have nothing to lose , i think this team needs any continuity it can get .. our 1st line is one of the best in the league .. unfortunately or other 3 are playing like a 4th line { minus the scoring, hitting,skating , or working hard ] ..

Archived