The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the Canucks miss the playoffs, will you boycott the team next year?

DonaldBrashear

If the Canucks miss the playoffs, will you boycott the team next year?  

269 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No, but I hope all the bandwagoners do. I have stuck with this team, year-in and year-out... Regardless of performance for nearly 25 years. Many of those years we were not playoff teams and had average records just fighting for that 8th spot. I never left then, and I surely won't leave now...

No, since last year's playoff, people also said they will stop watching since the Canucks played like crap. But the thing is, it won't be interesting to watch if the team wins the stanley cup every year, win all 82 games of the season. No challenge at all.

After 30 years of watching the Canucks I am certainly not going to boycott the team because they lose. However I am so disgusted with the NHL in general (lockouts, bad referees, random suspensions, etc) that I might lose interest in NHL hockey in general. I used to follow 5 or 6 teams every year and now I only watch the Canucks and I won't be attending any games in person any time soon. I would prefer to give my money to the Whitecaps or the Lions.

Why in the world would a real fan boycott a team if it fails to make the playoffs!?

First of all, it's not easy to win in this league. It's not self-evident that you make the playoffs as all teams try to do that.

Secondly, you really show your true colors and nature if you turn on a team when they fail to satisfy you, after all the years of good results and good memories it has given you. If all it's given you is sadness and anger, then you're following for the wrong team and should turncoat again and gtfo.

Not a chance!  For those that voted yes you're not real Canuck fans and wouldn't be missed if you did boycott the team.  This team has provided great entertainment over the decades and some of the players have made significant contributions to our communities.  I may complain about poor play or bad management decisions but win or lose I'm staying loyal.

I am wondering how many people will choose to not watch the Canucks next year if they miss the playoffs this year. Have we become a city that expects the team to make the playoffs every year without any hiccups? Is that realistic of us to expect? I have heard people ragging on the canucks lately saying they suck... it doesn't seem like this city likes losing very much.

just because they haven't missed the playoffs in awhile doesn't mean it won't happen again... so they don't make the playoffs than good... gillis can feel more heat to make changes because apparently its the fans that want trades all the time and aren't appreciative of what the canucks have accomplished so far..... gillis actually did say that in a team 1040 interview.... anyways the answer is no, no boycott.... i will always be a fan right to the bitter end...

Archived