The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tired of people defending of Cory.

VMR

I will start this off by saying Cory will be a star, I hope. With that said, why if he is the next second coming, is he playing below-average to average for almost every game he has played? The man said it himself that he needs to play better but yet lets in another silly 3 period goal when there was still time to tie it up?

Also, I find it funny that everyone is blaming the D and saying how we are not scoring. To be elite, you need to steal some games when the guys in front of you are not playing well.

I say he needs to be better, he says he needs to be better. Is the pressure to much for him now?

Before I get flamed, I am a Lu supporter and don't want to see him go. However, I know he is likely going soon and Cory is to be the Number one guy here. If that is going to happen then for crying out loud, I want to see way better play from him to ease the loss of Lu.

Is that too much to ask?

I'm tired of people defending Luongo.

Cory hasn't been awesome this year, but he's only played 14 games and the Luongo Fan Club is chasing after him with torches and pitchforks.

Luongo was given so much more slack before anyone gave up on him, so very much more, but Cory gets 14 regular season games and he's a write off?

Personally I'll give Cory the same benefit I gave Luongo before I gave up on him. 5 full seasons, 4 playoff appearances, 4 series implosions.

I'm tired of people defending Luongo.

Cory hasn't been awesome this year, but he's only played 14 games and the Luongo Fan Club is chasing after him with torches and pitchforks.

Luongo was given so much more slack before anyone gave up on him, so very much more, but Cory gets 14 regular season games and he's a write off?

Personally I'll give Cory the same benefit I gave Luongo before I gave up on him. 5 full seasons, 4 playoff appearances, 4 series implosions.

I will start this off by saying Cory will be a star, I hope. With that said, why if he is the next second coming, is he playing below-average to average for almost every game he has played? The man said it himself that he needs to play better but yet lets in another silly 3 period goal when there was still time to tie it up?

Also, I find it funny that everyone is blaming the D and saying how we are not scoring. To be elite, you need to steal some games when the guys in front of you are not playing well.

I say he needs to be better, he says he needs to be better. Is the pressure to much for him now?

Before I get flamed, I am a Lu supporter and don't want to see him go. However, I know he is likely going soon and Cory is to be the Number one guy here. If that is going to happen then for crying out loud, I want to see way better play from him to ease the loss of Lu.

Is that too much to ask?

Well the goalie debate has proven again that we CDC'ers have no clue. I for one was in the Schnieder camp but only because it seemed evident that's the direction we were moving in. Regardless keeping two goalies of this stature and at this price tag is stupid. In an ideal situation Cory would have been given the job to roll with without an allstar looking over his shoulder. I mean it should have been sink or swim, it should have been either Cory or Lou's team. With Roberto here absolutely nothing has changed for Cory except the pressure. Perhaps this whole deal is weighing on the team without them realizing it. It's got to be tough not having a starting goaltender to rely on even though both of ours are great.

The bottom line is we need to stop making goofball threads like this and support which ever goalie plays and which ever goalie we keep because they are both top notch, regardless of which one you have a crush on.

Wow, sorry for having an a opinion. Didn't think wanting someone to play better was a bad thing.

Blaming D for the losses is not an argument that can be used considering we "Lu lovers" used it first and it was rejected. LOL....... :bigblush:

Obviously, AV's consecutively starting Cory to test whether he is capable of becoming a star. So far, he has not been too impressive. More time will prove his potentials. If he fails our expectations, we would have to trade him to another team that can accept him as a No.1 goalie.

Wow, sorry for having an a opinion. Didn't think wanting someone to play better was a bad thing.

Blaming D for the losses is not an argument that can be used considering we "Lu lovers" used it first and it was rejected. LOL....... :bigblush:

Obviously, AV's consecutively starting Cory to test whether he is capable of becoming a star. So far, he has not been too impressive. More time will prove his potentials. If he fails our expectations, we would have to trade him to another team that can accept him as a No.1 goalie.

If someone can explain to me how changing the goaltender will improve team defense, I would be glad to recommend it.

They have played poorly in front of both goaltenders and it shows.

It would also help if the Canucks could actually put up a PP goal once in a while.

I don't have the video making skills anyway but if I could, I would B)

Two of the goals I recall from last night. A Wild PP goal. Both the wingers were guarding the same point and left the other point man wide open. Two seconds later the puck ends up in the net.

And then Zucker, I think, all alone in the slot because nobody tied him up. Easy tap in.

*sigh.. basic defensive coverage..

This topic is tiring. The reason Luongo gets shat on much more is because of his playoff meltdowns plain and simple. You didn't hear many ppl harping on Luongo over a bad regular season game until after those meltdowns happened. That is the sole reason why many ppl and i think management themselves are second guessing whether Luongo can get it done for them.

Now its turned into a crapshow of Schenider supporters vs Luongo supporters and pretty much some ppl on both sides want to see the other fail. Ridiculous. This whole goalie situation should of been dealt with a longgg time ago.. I don't think its good for either guy right now and i truly believe that is part of the reason why the play has been suffering.

Im starting to second guess whether Luongo can even be moved now and if MG is going to have his hand forced and move Schneider which would be a mistake. After everything that's happened it would be comical.

Is that too much to ask?

Archived