The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tired of people defending of Cory.

VMR

This topic is tiring. The reason Luongo gets shat on much more is because of his playoff meltdowns plain and simple. You didn't hear many ppl harping on Luongo over a bad regular season game until after those meltdowns happened. That is the sole reason why many ppl and i think management themselves are second guessing whether Luongo can get it done for them.

Now its turned into a crapshow of Schenider supporters vs Luongo supporters and pretty much some ppl on both sides want to see the other fail. Ridiculous. This whole goalie situation should of been dealt with a longgg time ago.. I don't think its good for either guy right now and i truly believe that is part of the reason why the play has been suffering.

Im starting to second guess whether Luongo can even be moved now and if MG is going to have his hand forced and move Schneider which would be a mistake. After everything that's happened it would be comical.

Dumb thread. As if the problem with this team is a goalie. Cory hasn't played badly. He just can't save our D from all their terrible plays. Lu wouldn't do any better with this lethargic bunch in front of him.

Lets see the team play up to their potential, then you can complain about a goalie if we lose.

If someone can explain to me how changing the goaltender will improve team defense, I would be glad to recommend it.

They have played poorly in front of both goaltenders and it shows.

It would also help if the Canucks could actually put up a PP goal once in a while.

Dumb thread. As if the problem with this team is a goalie. Cory hasn't played badly. He just can't save our D from all their terrible plays. Lu wouldn't do any better with this lethargic bunch in front of him.

Lets see the team play up to their potential, then you can complain about a goalie if we lose.

I'm tired of people defending Lou for his meltdowns in the playoffs but I didn't start a topic about it.

The whole team including Cory and Lou have not played well lately. People say if you took out Lou's 8 goal game he has good numbers for the season, well if you took out Cory's first game it's about the same.

I'm tired of people making topics like this... Troll

I'm as big as a Roberto Luongo fan that you'll find in this city, but I think its up to MG to make a decision on the goaltending, whatever way it is.

I like Cory Schneider and would love to see him flourish here or elsewhere, but it is quite obvious that having Luongo around makes him feel like he has to play perfect hockey in order to hold the crease (also evident in the frustration in some of his interviews).

If Schneider is the goalie the canucks want to keep, I'm fine by it as a Luongo fan as long as the team takes steps forward. Having the crowded crease hasn't really worked and its unfair to both goalies.

Let's review their last 4 games, shall we?

Schneider:

L, .875 save %, bad game.

OTL, .926 save %, great game

OTL, .933 save %, 28 stops, great game

W, .933 save %, 28 stops, great game

4 points.

7uongo:

L, Bellyflopping vs Calgary, .875 save %

L, Bellyflopping vs Detroit, .714 save %, lost the game. 8 GA, Ro8erto is washed up.

W, Easy SO, Nashville didn't even have a good scoring change.

OTL, Bellyflopping vs the Blues, .870 save %

3 points.

7ungo just bellyflops his way to losses every game, but 7uongo dick riders just love the taste of his chicken so they don't care if he loses the team every game he starts.

7ungo is WASHED UP.

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:

What's the next thread your going to make "tired of people defending LACK" c'mon guys lol it's the team that's playing horrible not the goalies even though I do think they can play much better but look at it this way when your defence is not playin it's best and is giving up scoring chances and breakaways how the hell are you suppost to leave the game with a above .900 save percentage. sit out edler send shroeder back trade one of the goalies immediately

\

Ro8erto 7uongo (btw, do you even know what the numbers for letters mean? 7 against Chicago, 8 against Boston) has faced far less shots per game than Schneider and faced far weaker teams and Schneider is outperforming him immensely, as shown by those stats.

7uongo is gone this summer, can't wait for the tears from the dick riders. Good riddance, one good playoffs doesn't make up for 5 years of choking.

For the two posters that didn't think this was a troll topic, think again. I think the above statement shows it.

For any self professed Lou fan to come out and ask why Cory is being defended when in fact he's not.. is trolling. Everyone knows Cory as well he could be playing better but Lou was playing poor of late as well as with the rest of the team. Lou fans have done nothing but defend him over and over again.

For one thing you seem to read only these types of topics and reply with the word Troll. Makes me wonder what you are trying to start by saying it.

I want to see better if he is taking over, why is that trolling?

Letting in an OT winner knocking us out of the playoffs he got us in just shows how much of a big time choker he is.

Luongo COMPLETELY collapses game 2 vs Chicago 2009, 6 goals in 30 shots, losing the lead and bellyflopping all over the place and embarrassing the team.

Luongo stinks it up again in that series, game 5, 4 weak goals on 30 shots.

7uongo is born, 7 goals in game 6, completely collapsing and despite 5 goals by our team, HE SINGLE HANDEDLY ELIMINATES THE CANUCKS FROM THE PLAYOFFS.

Fast forward a year, a far inferior kings team manages to light up Luongo who is saved by our offense. A complete collapse in game 3, 4 goals on 16 shots in classinc bellyflop fashion. Played bad in the series as well.

He again completely collapses against Chicago, throwing away the lead in game 2, letting in 5 goals in game 3 like the garbage he is.

Then he lets in 6 goals when we manage to score 4, losing the team a key game because of his bellyflopping. Then when he needs to make the saves, he just can't, get's lit up in game 6. 5 goals on 30 shots, bellyflopping like the 7uongo we know.

It just get's better after that! A 3 game lead by the canucks ALMOST thrown away SOLELY because of 7uongo. He lets in 6 GOALS in game 4, bellyflopping everywhere. Then in game 5 he COMPLETELY craps the bed letting 4 goals in on 12 shots. Then after Schneider gets injured he comes in to a tied game and let's the OT WINNER GET BY WHILE BELLYFLOPPING in game 6.

Then he managed to BLOW THE LEAD IN GAME 5 vs Nashville! 4 goals on 20 shots, just AMAZING bellyflopping there.

Oh the biggest one, he got us in to the history books for this one. The most one-sided game in SC final HISTORY, Ro8erto 7uongo lets in 8 WEAK AS frack GOALS, BLOWING A 2-0 SERIES LEAD IN THE SC FINAL. Next game he lets 4 GOALS IN ON 20 SHOTS, WHILE WE MANAGED TO GET 40 SHOTS.

Then in game 6 HE LETS IN 3 GOALS ON 8 SHOTS, BELLYFLOPPING HIS WAY TO BEING PULLED IN THE SC FINALS FOR A ROOKIE. HE LOST THAT GAME.

Then the amazing game 7 choke, 3 goals on 20 shots. Bellyflopping at it's best bad.

Do I even need to bring up the LA series? He bellyfloped his way to 8 GA in 2 games before he was replaced by Schneider who managed 4 GA in 3.

I don't think any other goalie has let in 8 goals in a game as much as Luongo has in the last 2 years.

Face it, he's Turco. Good in the regular season, sometimes good in the playoffs but prone to LOSE HIS TEAM SERIES BECAUSE OF HIS CHOKINGNESS. A broken clock is right twice a day, Turco has had good playoff series.

Inb4 "MUH MEDAL." Luongo got carried not the other way around, Canada won in spite of shaky, collapsing goaltending that allowed a tying goal with a minute left. He made one good save that game, his only big time save ever. A broken clock is right two times a day.

Letting in an OT winner knocking us out of the playoffs he got us in just shows how much of a big time choker he is.

Luongo COMPLETELY collapses game 2 vs Chicago 2009, 6 goals in 30 shots, losing the lead and bellyflopping all over the place and embarrassing the team.

Luongo stinks it up again in that series, game 5, 4 weak goals on 30 shots.

7uongo is born, 7 goals in game 6, completely collapsing and despite 5 goals by our team, HE SINGLE HANDEDLY ELIMINATES THE CANUCKS FROM THE PLAYOFFS.

Fast forward a year, a far inferior kings team manages to light up Luongo who is saved by our offense. A complete collapse in game 3, 4 goals on 16 shots in classinc bellyflop fashion. Played bad in the series as well.

He again completely collapses against Chicago, throwing away the lead in game 2, letting in 5 goals in game 3 like the garbage he is.

Then he lets in 6 goals when we manage to score 4, losing the team a key game because of his bellyflopping. Then when he needs to make the saves, he just can't, get's lit up in game 6. 5 goals on 30 shots, bellyflopping like the 7uongo we know.

It just get's better after that! A 3 game lead by the canucks ALMOST thrown away SOLELY because of 7uongo. He lets in 6 GOALS in game 4, bellyflopping everywhere. Then in game 5 he COMPLETELY craps the bed letting 4 goals in on 12 shots. Then after Schneider gets injured he comes in to a tied game and let's the OT WINNER GET BY WHILE BELLYFLOPPING in game 6.

Then he managed to BLOW THE LEAD IN GAME 5 vs Nashville! 4 goals on 20 shots, just AMAZING bellyflopping there.

Oh the biggest one, he got us in to the history books for this one. The most one-sided game in SC final HISTORY, Ro8erto 7uongo lets in 8 WEAK AS frack GOALS, BLOWING A 2-0 SERIES LEAD IN THE SC FINAL. Next game he lets 4 GOALS IN ON 20 SHOTS, WHILE WE MANAGED TO GET 40 SHOTS.

Then in game 6 HE LETS IN 3 GOALS ON 8 SHOTS, BELLYFLOPPING HIS WAY TO BEING PULLED IN THE SC FINALS FOR A ROOKIE. HE LOST THAT GAME.

Then the amazing game 7 choke, 3 goals on 20 shots. Bellyflopping at it's best bad.

Do I even need to bring up the LA series? He bellyfloped his way to 8 GA in 2 games before he was replaced by Schneider who managed 4 GA in 3.

I don't think any other goalie has let in 8 goals in a game as much as Luongo has in the last 2 years.

Face it, he's Turco. Good in the regular season, sometimes good in the playoffs but prone to LOSE HIS TEAM SERIES BECAUSE OF HIS CHOKINGNESS. A broken clock is right twice a day, Turco has had good playoff series.

Inb4 "MUH MEDAL." Luongo got carried not the other way around, Canada won in spite of shaky, collapsing goaltending that allowed a tying goal with a minute left. He made one good save that game, his only big time save ever. A broken clock is right two times a day.

I will start this off by saying Cory will be a star, I hope. With that said, why if he is the next second coming, is he playing below-average to average for almost every game he has played? The man said it himself that he needs to play better but yet lets in another silly 3 period goal when there was still time to tie it up?

Also, I find it funny that everyone is blaming the D and saying how we are not scoring. To be elite, you need to steal some games when the guys in front of you are not playing well.

I say he needs to be better, he says he needs to be better. Is the pressure to much for him now?

Before I get flamed, I am a Lu supporter and don't want to see him go. However, I know he is likely going soon and Cory is to be the Number one guy here. If that is going to happen then for crying out loud, I want to see way better play from him to ease the loss of Lu.

Is that too much to ask?

Archived