The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Hockey Central Panel - Mike Ribeiro a good fit for Vancouver

Schneider+Ballard for Ribeiro+Green+4th

In case anyone don't know, that 70 point Green is long gone and probably aren't coming back. Expect him to be a 30-40 point guy if he stays healthy. But we do need a right handed dman. That said I really hate that contract and he is really injury prone. I kind of want Schultz instead. Probably cheaper and better in the long run.

Carlson won't be moved. No chance.

Just an FYI...

Diving or not, Ribeiro still has more points this season then any Canuck.

I would take him as a second line center and move Kes to the wing. That would be awesome. Only issue is his contract, he would likely command a 1st round pick for a rental.

Schneider+Ballard for Ribeiro+Green+4th

In case anyone don't know, that 70 point Green is long gone and probably aren't coming back. Expect him to be a 30-40 point guy if he stays healthy. But we do need a right handed dman. That said I really hate that contract and he is really injury prone. I kind of want Schultz instead. Probably cheaper and better in the long run.

Carlson won't be moved. No chance.

He's the only bright spot on a horrible Washington team this season, if they trade anyone away I doubt it's Ribeiro.

Johansen on the other hand is very likely. Young Swedish center, he could learn a lot from the Sedins and Edler. He isn't having a great season so far but is very capable, throw Washington our 1st or 2nd rounder for him. We might even get him for Ballard and a 4th round pick.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Johansen - Hansen

Kassian - Lapierre - Pinizotto

Sudddenly we have 5 natural centers, 9 20-goal scorers and scary depth. Meanwhile our defence is a physical beast for the playoffs:

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Alberts - Tanev

Barker

Vandermeer

Great depth all around.

He's the only bright spot on a horrible Washington team this season, if they trade anyone away I doubt it's Ribeiro.

Johansen on the other hand is very likely. Young Swedish center, he could learn a lot from the Sedins and Edler. He isn't having a great season so far but is very capable, throw Washington our 1st or 2nd rounder for him. We might even get him for Ballard and a 4th round pick.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Johansen - Hansen

Kassian - Lapierre - Pinizotto

Sudddenly we have 5 natural centers, 9 20-goal scorers and scary depth. Meanwhile our defence is a physical beast for the playoffs:

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Alberts - Tanev

Barker

Vandermeer

Great depth all around.

I guess you didn't happen to notice Booth breaking his leg last game. He's gone for the season.

Right now we need not only a third line center but a second line winger. And trading a defenseman to get either one of those is not a good idea.

Our D is fragile enough as it is. Bieksa being out showed us that this team is one injury on D away from completely collapsing defensively. And even since his return they haven't played well.

Archived