The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo's attitude this season.

MotherCanucker911

I just want to start off and say this man has impressed me. He came back to the team in possibly the most difficult situation of his career and he's done quite well. Today when I was watching his post-game interview, I saw a "old" Luongo who was still critical of performance even after getting a win. I saw the same guy when we first acquired from Florida. A man who knows he is the back bone of this team. In the last couple of years, one thing I saw was Luongo never owned up to him playing bad or even average. He was happy just getting a win. He wasn't the same guy who showed passion when he was eliminated from playoff contention, losing to the blackhawks, etc. Majority of the people in the media/fans have already said he's mentally weak, he's a choker, he does this and he does that. For the first time in a while, he isn't playing with a chip on his shoulder, He has nothing to lose in this situation, but everything to gain. He can actually play his position this year in peace and be the man he always was. I have a feeling we will be chanting "Luuu" a lot this season.. ;)

I'll have to admit, I like it alot more than seeing how much air you can fit in a conn smythe winner's tires.

In all seriousness, I think if anything, it gives me more piece of mind as a fan if we choose to go with him over Cory. His beauty attitude now gives me a better feeling that he might have outgrown the meltdowns.

Ya ill admit, as one of his biggest critics I really don't have a problem with him anymore, seems like a good guy to drink beer with.

The media and CDC however? is starting to blow it out of proportion.

He made some clever tweets now he is Adam Sandler with goalie equipment on?

It's starting to make me sick.

Just let it be

I think when Cory came out and said "I'm tired of being an average goalie, I'm tired of letting in 3-4 goals a night", it was an acknowledgement that anything more than 2 goals is unacceptable for either of them because they expect greatness out of themselves and that average is simply unacceptable. That in itself I think is a shift in midset for at least Lu compared to the last couple years. He's back to thinking of himself as one of the worlds best. I think that's something to be admired in him and something that will help his game reach elite status once again.

do the math....save percentages between the 2 are almost identical and the only reason Cory has let in more goals is that hes faced more shots(almost 5 more per game) thus more goals. So, its safe to say they are playing on par ! Pretty much 50/50 so take off your blinders

do the math....save percentages between the 2 are almost identical and the only reason Cory has let in more goals is that hes faced more shots(almost 5 more per game) thus more goals. So, its safe to say they are playing on par ! Pretty much 50/50 so take off your blinders

Archived