The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Deadline Van-Nyr, Van-Col, and Van-Tbl

Ballard (maybe a pick as well)

for

Boyle

Rangers need defense who can provide some offense and still play in a defensive system, Canucks need a centre to win draws and provide some checking and grit. Both players have struggled recently and have spent time in the press box.

Booth, Raymond and 1st round pick for

Stastny and one of:

O'Byrne (shutdown with lots of size, R handed)

Barrie (Offensive , PP-QB, R handed)

Elliott (Same as Barrie)

Gaunce (Good size and shutdown potential L handed)

Siemens (Size, hitting, shutdown/2-way L handed)

With O'Reilly returned and Duchene playing well this makes Stastny availible. He had a very strong start to his career but has taken a step back recently. That said he still is an excellent playmaker and a tenacious 2 way player. Booth could get a chance in the top 6 on a team that likes to run and gun and Raymond while only signed to the end of this year is a solid all round player having a good season. Colorada has many good young dmen in the system and can afford to give up one of them in this trade.

Loungo

for

Malone, Garon, Connolly or 1st round pick

Tampa gets the goalie who make them a legit threat, Vancouver gets a playoff experience and size, a back up for this year and a prospect or pick. While Tampa commits to some salary long term, Malone leaving offsets that a bit.

Have a much bigger lineup without sacrificing core pieces ( except Lou I guess ), this team would be a lot harder to play against and has great centre depth and secondary scoring. Salary works this year but would need some tweaking next season. Garon and Higgins would be UFA's and could most likely be replaced internally with Lack and Jensen which might just fit under the cap depending on how much Tanev resigns for.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Malone Kesler Kassian

Hansen Stasnty Higgins

Lappiere Boyle Pinizzotto

Weise, Connolly

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Garrison O'Byrne/Barrie/Elliott

Alberts,Barker

Schneider

Garon

I would do the NYR trade in a heartbeat but doubt that the Rangers would.

Stasny is not a favorite in Col right now, and given his contract I think a 1st is way too much. Also putting him on the 3rd line is a complete waste. O'Byrne is the only D I'd want back but I have concerns about his footspeed in a top 4 role on our team.

The Tampa deal will put us way over the cap for next season, also Malone is not what this team needs.

Ballard for Boyle

Booth Raymond and Rodin for Stasny and O'Byrne

Luongo for Thompson Garon and 1st round pick

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Kassian Stasny Kesler

Higgins Thompson Hansen

Sesito Lapierre Weise

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison O'Byrne

Schneider

Garon

Stasny is not a favorite in Col right now, and given his contract I think a 1st is way too much. Also putting him on the 3rd line is a complete waste. O'Byrne is the only D I'd want back but I have concerns about his footspeed in a top 4 role on our team.

The Tampa deal will put us way over the cap for next season, also Malone is not what this team needs.

Ballard for Boyle

Booth Raymond and Rodin for Stasny and O'Byrne

Luongo for Thompson Garon and 1st round pick

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Kassian Stasny Kesler

Higgins Thompson Hansen

Sesito Lapierre Weise

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison O'Byrne

Schneider

Garon