The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth's locker is cleaned out

Hyzer

I'm going to make this short and simple - those plays that Raymond and Schroeder made against the Blues will NEVER work in the playoffs. Playoff hockey is a whole different breed. There is tighter checking, it's more physical and passes like that do not get through.

Meanwhile, Booth plays playoff hockey. He hogs the puck, yes, but he drives it hard to the net. If someone like Raymond or Schroeder tried that they'd get their bodies broken by defencemen. Booth is one of the few Canuck forwards big and strong enough to do so, and come playoff time that's the only way we're going to score.

We need Booth in the playoffs or this team doesn't go very far.

I think it is really sad that Booth got injured.

He was really flying out there, hitting everything he could, and generating scoring opportunities.

All this talk about him being invisible, useless, not worth his contract, injury-proned, whatever is disrespectful.

Anybody's leg would have broken under that stress.

What the heck is a guy supposed to do to please you creeps?

If they cleaned out his locker, he probably needs the season and the playoffs at least to heal.

I hope he plays great for us when he comes back because, from what we have seen, he gives it his all.

Aside from the fact that most atheist look at the Christians as retards (you know it is true), these atheists also love to throw God in their faces when adversity arrives.

"Haha you got no luck. I am glad you suffer. Where is your God now?" :emot-parrot:

Just look at how many people poke fun at his religion for no reason. Atheists just love to use passive-aggressiveness against Christians. They think Christians are too dumb to realize passive-aggressiveness, or too nice to say anything back. Good for you people. You won the prize.

And by preventing anyone else from doing the same. If this season is any indication, the playoffs are going to be a long, horrible, boring grind. We are not scoring this year and we haven't been able to prevent it. Gotta hand it to Boston, their smashmouth, hard hitting, crosschecking, face punching style really opened up the ice for them. Our team doesn't have that strength right now. Sorry to say it but IMO those passes won't work often enough for us come playoffs.

2000 years of control and oppression will do that to some folks.

My two cents are that I don't personally go around and poke fun at believers (and I'm referring mostly to the hardcore believers who would NEVER even think of questioning the word of the almight), instead, I do it behind people's back for laughs now and then. My point is that I wouldn't dare think about pushing my lack of faith onto others unless they have made it an issue first towards me, as in pushing their faith on me; I sometimes don't mind a good debate here and there regarding this issue... like I said, it's good for a laugh.

But just like I, as a non-believer, don't go around and push my non-faith onto others, there are some believers who don't push their faith either. But see then we have some other non-believers who DO try and push their non-faith on to others, just like some believers ie. David Booth DO TOO, like he has done frequently, and he's proud of it.

IMO if you go around pushing an agenda, whether you are a believer or not, you are fair game for scrutiny and criticism, so be prepared. There is also a good chance that sometimes the criticism might seem a little harsh, but this world is absurd, nothing new there. And just as you think the person who made the comment re: Booth's injuries were out of the social politeness convention, well, David is in the same Booth as that person.... see what I did there? :P

Edit: Although I feel bad for Booth re: his injury, I really hope that he is not back with the team next year and he is either bought our or traded. It's nothing personal, I just don't like over priced players who can't produce and who continue to get hurt. It's a waste of cap room for a producing forward that we could suit up to win the cup.

So glad you made it short and simple DUC.

I always think people who generalise don't do themselves any favours. No space?

You see DUC the good players seek the space and make the passes and that works in any game.

By the way Boston went all the way by using the type of passes you saw last night.

it probably isn't fair that booth receives as much vitriol as he does, but it's completely understandable. he's not a very likable character, at least in this market (the deep south is most assuredly a different story), because he's preachy about christ in a very progressove region, he advocates hunting whch offends the hippies, and when he speaks he sounds like he has about a 79 iq. i have no doubt that i was smarter at age 10 than he is now. and that coupled with high expectations based on his salary and lack of performance makes it really easy to rag on the guy.

it probably isn't fair that booth receives as much vitriol as he does, but it's completely understandable. he's not a very likable character, at least in this market (the deep south is most assuredly a different story), because he's preachy about christ in a very progressove region, he advocates hunting whch offends the hippies, and when he speaks he sounds like he has about a 79 iq. i have no doubt that i was smarter at age 10 than he is now. and that coupled with high expectations based on his salary and lack of performance makes it really easy to rag on the guy.

I think you're losing sight of the fact that his team seems to like him as displayed by lappys assist on booths empty better.....

It's all fine and good to take shots at a pro hockey player from an anonymous online forum but I'm sure what the locker room thinks is more important than what we think outside of it.

Archived