The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth's locker is cleaned out

Hyzer

I think you're losing sight of the fact that his team seems to like him as displayed by lappys assist on booths empty better.....

It's all fine and good to take shots at a pro hockey player from an anonymous online forum but I'm sure what the locker room thinks is more important than what we think outside of it.

Have you ever thought that Lappy was trying to teach him something?

"Look, I'm a 4th liner, I make a fraction of what you pull in and I don't have many points this season yet..............but despite all that, I am passing the f----g puck for you to score an empty netter".............."So start passing the f------g puck asshole!".........

Booth gets a cold shiver as Lappy gives him the 1000 yard stare complete with "the grim reaper grin"

Gillis says Booth is set for surgery.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=661595&navid=nhl:topheads

Vancouver Canucks forward David Booth was scheduled to have ankle surgery Friday and is expected to miss at least the rest of the regular season, general manager Mike Gillis told a Vancouver radio station.

Booth was injured Saturday in a loss to the Detroit Red Wings and was spotted leaving Rogers Arena on crutches, with his left foot in a large plastic cast. There had been no definitive update on the second-line wing until Gillis spoke on Team 1040, the radio rights holder for Canucks' broadcasts, on Friday.

"David is going to get surgery today and hopefully that will accelerate the process some measure and then he'll have to wait and rehab like anyone else," Gillis told the station, adding "there's a chance" Booth could return in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

8471266.jpg

medium.png

DAVID BOOTH

LEFT WING - VAN

GOALS: 1 | ASST: 2 | PTS: 3

SOG: 27 | +/-: -3

Booth missed the first 14 games of the season because of a groin injury during on-ice training camp physical testing, and struggled in his return. He scored his first goal of the season into an empty net against the Nashville Predators the game before he was hurt, and has three points in 11 games.

Booth joins fellow Michigan native Ryan Kesler on the Canucks' injured list.

Kesler missed the start of the season while recovering from shoulder and wrist surgery, and fractured a bone in his foot blocking a shot in his first game back. He played six more games before a CT scan revealed the break, and he is wearing a walking boot and using crutches almost a month later.

Gillis didn't have a definitive timeline for his return of the Canucks' Selke Trophy-winning center, but said he could resume skating in two weeks.

"They are going to do another CT scan," Gillis said. "They are being very cautious so he doesn't have any setbacks. He's been pain free for some time and working really hard. Even though he's on crutches, he's still in the gym. Once they get comfortable that bone is complete healed it won't take him long to get back in the lineup, but until that happens he's going to stay non-weight bearing."

Kesler, who anchors the second line, kills penalties and provides a net-front presence on a power play that has slipped to 30th in the NHL, had a goal and four assists in seven games despite getting hurt blocking a shot in the first one.

The Canucks were also without Chris Higgins and Zack Kassian, each with a back injury, and were forced to use defenseman Keith Ballard as a forward during a 2-1 road win Thursday against the Phoenix Coyotes. Gillis told the Team 1040 he isn't trying to acquire a wing, but is still trying to find another center after shutting down Manny Malhotra for the season because of an eye injury.

"We've been talking to multiple teams about acquiring a center all season long, but as you guys have noticed there are virtually no trades happening," Gillis said, citing the number of teams still in the playoff race as a deterrent to trades and reason for numerous waiver claims. "We're going to try to get some things done, but there's a chance you may not be able to based on what's happening."

Archived