The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth's locker is cleaned out

Hyzer

Good thinking, at least in theory. If you were a GM anywhere, would you be interested in DB's $4.25M contract at that time, especially with the cap shrinking next year?

Unfortunately, we're not dealing with a bunch of clueless GMs - I personally think it will be hard to move him.

I think it is really sad that Booth got injured.

He was really flying out there, hitting everything he could, and generating scoring opportunities.

All this talk about him being invisible, useless, not worth his contract, injury-proned, whatever is disrespectful.

Anybody's leg would have broken under that stress.

What the heck is a guy supposed to do to please you creeps?

If they cleaned out his locker, he probably needs the season and the playoffs at least to heal.

I hope he plays great for us when he comes back because, from what we have seen, he gives it his all.

I think it is really sad that Booth got injured.

He was really flying out there, hitting everything he could, and generating scoring opportunities.

All this talk about him being invisible, useless, not worth his contract, injury-proned, whatever is disrespectful.

Anybody's leg would have broken under that stress.

What the heck is a guy supposed to do to please you creeps?

If they cleaned out his locker, he probably needs the season and the playoffs at least to heal.

I hope he plays great for us when he comes back because, from what we have seen, he gives it his all.

Damn, not a good sign. I know everyone was ragging on him for not producing but I thought he was one of the only players on our team actually playing with some urgency, If he's out for the year we'll need to find a replacement.

I'm not so sure we bring in too much cap, although we could put Booth/Kesler/Manny on LTI to let us go over the cap if we did make a trade like that. We still have to get rid of $6-7M in cap space for next year, so the suggestions of Roy, Ribero, etc. don't make as much sense as a more affordable option or a veteran rental we don't give up too much for.

Back to Booth, the Canucks won't have an official update until later, but they did say to not expect it to be short term. Tough to see a guy like that who could offer more and was starting to play better get injured again. He and Ballard are likely casualties of the cap dropping, but whether that's through a buyout or trade remains to be seen.

Archived