The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time for a new coach?

Italia2006

Compare that to what AV says, and how AV reacts. Watch the Red Wings destroy their next opponent. Do the Canucks ever come out of the gates crashing after an embarrassing loss? Nope. Not really.

Was Babcock whining about injuries at all there? Any excuses? Nope. He says specifically "no excuses". He's holding the team, as a whole - AS A WHOLE - accountable. I don't get to watch Red Wings games all the time, so I wont know the answer to this, but will Babcock bench players who don't deserve it after a loss like that? I'm sure someone here can answer this.

He then carried on to knock the team's preparation. Whose job is that? The towel boy? I don't think that was the type of preparation he was talking about.

Difference between Babcock and AV is the fact that, in spite of what is happening to Detroit's line-up, they are still playing with effort, and for a full 60 minutes.

wow you are consistent about av being fired.. You And i guess the people who actually support the team are in line for a long and painful few months, i can imagine the next 1000 fire av spam posts. How do you know what av is saying to this team?? Your not in the locker room! Just cause you watch tsn does not mean you know what he's saying to the team. You act like your the assistant coach always there. A team thats decimated with a winning record is not a team that has lost touch with coach. A team calling out their coach has lost touch with him

At least I'm not jumping on and off the bandwagon with my opinion.

I fully expect that AV will stay for the duration of the season because that's how Gillis seems to role. Doesn't mean the topic is unworthy of discussion.

Either AV is saying nothing, or the players don't care about what he has to say. Either way, it's time to go.

The team played with the same level of effort when they were healthy (healthier), and they played the same all of last season. Where were they in the standings? And how did they do in the playoffs again?

Why do you expect anything to be any different this year?

Coaches set up plans and plays. They develop an identity for the team; it's up to the team to perform to that. That doesn't absolve coaching however. If that plan isn't being or can't be met it's up to the coaches to change and adapt.

...and then everybody here complains that so and so got sent down or that AV is line juggling.

For all the pissing and moaning there are legitimate things the coaching staff are doing wrong. There's also legitimate things the Sedins do wrong, Burrows, Kesler (oh god Kesler) and most every other player.

• 3 weeks later...

Av needs to go he just can't get this team to preform against the top team.

His bone head decision top make this a two line team with two centers on one line is absurb. It may work against their weak division but not against quality teams. As for Ebbet get rid of the plug already. Anyone in the farm team can bring what he brings.

Fire Av, he has nothing left in his coaching for dummies handbook. For the sake of the team get rid of him and the staff at the end of the year already!

I must say I would like to have seen how AV coped over the last 2-3 years if MG had given him 3 or 4 players who were actually worth a damn.

I find it totally incongruous how MG seems to set out "supposedly" to strengthen this teams weaknesses and ends up adding to them. I would go further and suggest he doesn't understand his main purpose as GM of an elite team like the Canucks. He deals and shuffles as if the Canucks were some hard up middle of the road serial failure of a team.

Archived