The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Derek Roy not a perfect fit?

We are best as a three line scoring team which is obvious. Make Roy our second line center and make kes third line (both basically second lines) When manny could get 15 and shut the other team down we rocked. Roy gives us that playmaker center we desperately need. Can we not deal a dman and a pick for roy. Then a goalie for a dman to replace that dman?

Buyout Ballard

Buyout Booth

Trade Edler for Roy conditional on Roy siging an extension

Trade Schneider and a 1st to the islanders for Travis Hamonic (give a d prospect if needed kconn)

We look like this

Sedin Sedin Burr

Raymond Roy Hansen

Higgins Kesler Jensen

Kassian Lappy Weise

Tostito

Hamhuis Bieksa

Hamonic Tanev

Garrison Barker/Alberts/Corrado

Lu

Lack

Am i crazy or does that not work

If we are trading away Edler we might as well package him up with Lu or Schneid and get a top 4 pick in the draft and get a big centerman whos ready to play now. Roy, A 5'9 centerman whos had 30 goals in his past 3 years is not the answer to our woes, not for the cost of Edler anyways.

Raymond + pick for Roy. Not Edler. But I do agree with what you're saying. We could be a dangerous team with our centers as Henrik, Roy, Kesler, Lapierre. However, I'd put Hansen with the Twins for now because he deserves a promotion and we need Burrows down to balance our scoring.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Higgins-Roy-Jensen

Burrows-Kesler-Kassian

Pinnizotto-Lapierre-Weise

Kesler in the playoffs can go back to shutting down players again now that Roy can be our 2C. It may or may not work.

If we are trading away Edler we might as well package him up with Lu or Schneid and get a top 4 pick in the draft and get a big centerman whos ready to play now. Roy, A 5'9 centerman whos had 30 goals in his past 3 years is not the answer to our woes, not for the cost of Edler anyways.

Archived