The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Good Orthodontist (Braces) in Metro Vancouver - Fraser Valley

key2thecup

• 8 months later...

When I had braces I had dr.king at oakridge. There office is super nice and the doctor was on par. He's retired now and his successor dr.chung is equally as good. I had him near the tail end of my braces procedure. You should take a look into him

I went to the same office. Dr.Mills worked out of there too so I was with her. She too has retired but I saw Dr.Chung towards the end of my treatment and he was great. And yeah the office is super nice and the staff were great too

I'd love to get my teeth fixed(Simualr to Jordan Eberle's teeth but a bit worse). It really has a negative impact on my life. Kind of hard going thru the dating game without smiling. And there is nothing worse being at a club, or anywhere, and having a beautiful girl come up to talk to you and seeing that look they give when they see my teeth. I am the 'good from far, far from good' kind of guy and actually overheard that once.

I am pretty old now, 34, so braces I dont think would work atleast not quickly. I ask about invisalign(sp?) but you always have to wear them and you don't save any money by only doing the top half. The doc I went to see suggested Vaneers(sp?) but if they dont turn out good that would be such a huge blow to me. Since I know I wont be getting anything for x-mas I thought I treat myself to something big and this might be it.

Yeah in all fairness if quality is your main concern a hockey board is an odd place to ask you are better off looking up the places yourself and reading personal reviews on them as well as calling them personally and getting the prices directly.

Your margin of error is far greater when you ask vague questions on an unrelated board. If you go to the source you can get an idea of what exactly puts ones business over the top.

I'd love to get my teeth fixed(Simualr to Jordan Eberle's teeth but a bit worse). It really has a negative impact on my life. Kind of hard going thru the dating game without smiling. And there is nothing worse being at a club, or anywhere, and having a beautiful girl come up to talk to you and seeing that look they give when they see my teeth. I am the 'good from far, far from good' kind of guy and actually overheard that once.

I am pretty old now, 34, so braces I dont think would work atleast not quickly. I ask about invisalign(sp?) but you always have to wear them and you don't save any money by only doing the top half. The doc I went to see suggested Vaneers(sp?) but if they dont turn out good that would be such a huge blow to me. Since I know I wont be getting anything for x-mas I thought I treat myself to something big and this might be it.

Go for it man, there's nothing worse than being ashamed of your smile. The confidence you will gain will be well worth the time and money.

Yeah in all fairness if quality is your main concern a hockey board is an odd place to ask you are better off looking up the places yourself and reading personal reviews on them as well as calling them personally and getting the prices directly.

Your margin of error is far greater when you ask vague questions on an unrelated board. If you go to the source you can get an idea of what exactly puts ones business over the top.

I imagine there are many, many orthodontist offices around the lower mainland.. asking for a few suggestions of some to look into on CDC doesn't seem like such a stupid idea as it gives him places to research further.

So happy I got braces when I was younger, my teeth were messed.

I forget my guys name, but most quality places would give free consultations to explore your options.

Seems you already picked one though, good luck! It can be a long road but it'll be worth it

I just got my braces off in Oct, and couldn't be happier with my teeth and orthodontist. I highly recommend her.

http://www.clearadvantageortho.com/ Dr. Suzanne Cziraki

Her place is an Oakridge, and looks like a luxury hotel lobby. Very clean and professional staff and really caring.

something interesting: she made Hugh Jackman's wolverine teeth for his movie x-men I believe. So she is good and has the accolades.

What kind of foods did/do you guys eat during treatment?..... I swear anything I eat hurts unless it's something that I don't have to chew..... I'm not taking tylenol....

Yeah don't take drugs if you can help it.

I did a lot of soup and crackers in the first few days after every tightening. Also ate oatmeal.

After the first few days I usually went with pasta

It usually took about a week before I could bite and chew on things like sandwiches, burgers, steak, etc.

I went to clearview orthodontics on broadway. No idea about the price but the orthodontists were all very good. Plus the view from their office is basically this, from the 18th floor:

http://images.hellobc.com/mgen/tbccw/production/TBCCWDisplay.ms?img=%2Fgetmedia%2F4149a8de-fc5d-4e54-b659-5282486fa973%2F2-200291313-001-Vancouver-skyline.jpg.aspx&tl=1&sID=1&c=public%2Cmax-age%3D172802%2Cpost-check%3D7200%2Cpre-check%3D43200&bid=4_5

Archived