The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ebbett and Schroeder... thoughts so far?

Mrock-763

Schroeder has been pretty solid. The production hasn't been consistent, but it will come. He needs more time. He's at least been fairly reliable defensively, which is a big plus. Ebbet is the kind of player who shouldn't be in the lineup unless there are injuries.

Healthy playoff lineup:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

________ - Lapierre - Weise

Pinizotto/Ebbet

The gap is hopefully for a left-hand faceoff option at the deadline. I'm hoping for Goc. Then we can use the Goc/Lapierre unit as the primary shutdown/defensive zone faceoff line.

I'm the joke? your opinion on a player is i don't like his height and nothing else stated. Any player anysize can play any role as long as the skill and performance works in that role. By your logic some of the greatest athletes in the world too short or too tall are flukes. SIze does not matter its what the person does with that size hence why you should never judge unless its regarding skill, values and performance

besides that one game that Ebbet got his 3 points, he's been pretty bad. Turns the puck over so easily and is very slow to be a 5"8 centre with no physical game. He's not very good on the PK even though AV keeps putting him on there. I would rather not see him play just so AV can't put the guy on PK. Canyou imagine come playoffs the Chicago's PP with Ebbett killing it? You know AV's dumb enough to do it too.

Oh I came here thinking this was a thread about Ebbett and Schroeder not you fantasy hockey line ups. Could you please rename it to "My Playoff fantasy team line up" So that I dont get confused when I want to go talk about these players.

Schroeder needs to play with skilled guys. With Raymond and Hansen he is great (and makes Raymond better). On the fourth line he sucked.

Ebbett seems to be an offense killer with skilled guys, I guess because he isn't a great skater, but his passing his pretty good. He was solid on the fourth line last year over the 14 games he played.

I'm glad these two are finally performing well and contributing lately, but when Kesler comes back I would prefer to have Schroeder kept in the lineup over Ebbett. They both give us good options as of right now, but would you still pursue a legit 3rd line center to solidify the middle position. Or do you put your faith in the rookie Schroeder to get'r done.

If we can land a top 6 forward like Jagr, we could spread out our offense and move Burrows to the second line. Raymond Kesler and Burrows were a lethal combination in the playoffs a while back.

My playoff lineup

Sedin Sedin (Jagr) :rolleyes:

Raymond Kesler Burrows

Higgins Schroeder Hansen

Weise Lapierre Kassian

(Sestito Ebbett Pinizzotto)

Gordon Jensen Booth

Hamhuis Garrison

Edler Bieksa

Ballard Tanev

(Barker Alberts Vandermeer)

Schneider

Luongo

DEEP!!! :emot-parrot:

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen line MUST stay together!! Why break apart a good thing. I also think that in the playoffs, our 4th line should be different every game. Switch guys in and out and make sure they put 150% effort into every hit and fight, then give them a few days rest while someone else does the same.

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen line MUST stay together!! Why break apart a good thing. I also think that in the playoffs, our 4th line should be different every game. Switch guys in and out and make sure they put 150% effort into every hit and fight, then give them a few days rest while someone else does the same.

Too much of that rosters cap is in top 6 role forwards; You got Raymond, Booth, Kassian and Schroeder who would all be wasted and ineffective in the bottom 6 roles and would most likely be unhappy with that kind of Ice time. Not to mention the fact that you've added Jagr without removing anyone. Did you put any effort into this post at all?

• 2 weeks later...

:picard:

Where do you see Raymond on the bottom 6?

Booth is injured... he is not playing in the bottom 6, which is why Jagr could be an option (but highly unlikely)

Kassian hasn't been playing great and needs to be more consistent. He needs to start throwing his weight around. That should get him going, then work his way up the depth chart.

Schroeder plays with Higgins and Hansen.. and in no way those two are plugs

Without Jagr/Booth then the roster would look like this

Sedin Sedin Kesler - skill line

Raymond Schroeder Hansen - speed line

Higgins Lapierre Burrows - checking line

Sestito Pinizzotto Kassian - energy line

Booth back in the lineup from injury

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Higgins Lapierre Burrows

Booth (ease him into the lineup due to injury) Pinizzotto Kassian - Booth/Kassian were looking good when they were playing together

Archived