The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Myers on the block?

Armada

Buffalo could also move Miller. That would open the door to a Luongo and Edler deal.

Could you Imagine if we did this,

Lu, Edler and Connauton

for

Myers, Ott, Leino and Luke Adam.

Leino even though he has a bad contract, is a proven guy in the playoffs. This would help us out for the playoffs and down the road.

We really should have snagged him with Hodgson. Probably could have gotten him for Hodgson straight up. A #1 centerman is far more valuable than just some top-4 defenceman.

Here's what our defence would have looked like:

Edler - Myers

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Tanev

Ballard

Alberts

Barker

Best defence in the NHL.

We really should have snagged him with Hodgson. Probably could have gotten him for Hodgson straight up. A #1 centerman is far more valuable than just some top-4 defenceman.

Here's what our defence would have looked like:

Edler - Myers

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Tanev

Ballard

Alberts

Barker

Best defence in the NHL.

Everyone is so eager to trade Edler. I'm not.

Edler is a good young dman, who is scoring more than Myers. Myer's best season is what? 47 points?

If we get Myers - a top pick (i.e. Jensen, or Gaunce) would have to go the other way.

I don't want Buffalo to be getting more of our better young players. We've already lost one in Cody.

We already have one Andrew Alberts, why would we want another?

Scratch that, Alberts has been the better dman this year.

Pass unless we can get him for cheap, he should be able to rebound eventually.

Everyone is so eager to trade Edler. I'm not.

Edler is a good young dman, who is scoring more than Myers. Myer's best season is what? 47 points?

If we get Myers - a top pick (i.e. Jensen, or Gaunce) would have to go the other way.

I don't want Buffalo to be getting more of our better young players. We've already lost one in Cody.

I apologize for keeping up with players around the league instead of basing my opinion off general consensus' made off a player's career many years ago and then trying to pass that off as current knowledge.

He's still 23 and will get better, but picking him up this year makes the team worse, plus it'll cost a lot.

Archived