The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Myers on the block?

Armada

Myers is the most overpayed player in the league... 12 million this season.... and he's been baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

hopefully for him he turns it around, but at this point Id say theres too much risk in taking on a contract like that on a player thats regressed so much over the last 2 seasons. unless youre absolutley convinced he's worth the cap sapce (5.5M), and have that space to burn (which the Canucks dont), you need to wait untilll that player at least shows some signs of turning it around... which he hasn't.

a big NO to trading for tyler myers.

The thing that irritates me with Myers is that he got his huge front-loaded long term contract and has become complacent. To me that shows a lack of character. If I were to go with my emotions I would say get rid of him to the highest bidder, but that could easily come back to bite us in the butt. I would like to see him get one more season to try and prove himself here. If he stinks up the ice next season as well, then whoever ends up becoming the new GM can just buy out his contract. I'm glad I don't have to make that call.

The thing that irritates me with Myers is that he got his huge front-loaded long term contract and has become complacent. To me that shows a lack of character. If I were to go with my emotions I would say get rid of him to the highest bidder, but that could easily come back to bite us in the butt. I would like to see him get one more season to try and prove himself here. If he stinks up the ice next season as well, then whoever ends up becoming the new GM can just buy out his contract. I'm glad I don't have to make that call.

Myers is the most overpayed player in the league... 12 million this season.... and he's been baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

hopefully for him he turns it around, but at this point Id say theres too much risk in taking on a contract like that on a player thats regressed so much over the last 2 seasons. unless youre absolutley convinced he's worth the cap sapce (5.5M), and have that space to burn (which the Canucks dont), you need to wait untilll that player at least shows some signs of turning it around... which he hasn't.

a big NO to trading for tyler myers.

Archived