The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do we owe AV an apology?

DSVII

wow people on this forum are so dumb, anyone who blames AV clearly has little to no grasp of reality let alone hockey..

you understand that we are 4th in the West ahead of LA, STL, DET etc. and have the most depleted roster in the league.

Not to mention the millions tied up in a back up goalie that all other coaches in the league have helping their roster in the form of a skater..

To all the people blaming AV in this thread, your position is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent responses were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

That's just it. I'm fine with a coaching change. I always said I'd want an improvement but at this point a lateral move and bringing in a guy like Ruff would work as well. AV is a very good if not great coach. (does not read only in regular season) but sometimes a persons time in one place is up. Maybe his is and maybe it isn't. Not for me to decide but until that time I'll continue to be objective rather than reactive.

fan

noun

an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.

by dictionary.com

By definition, many many many people on this forum are neither a fan of the canucks(from what I read) nor hockey(again from what I read).

fan

noun

an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.

by dictionary.com

By definition, many many many people on this forum are neither a fan of the canucks(from what I read) nor hockey(again from what I read).

That pretty much sums up my stance. I think it is time for a coaching change and have for a few years now. That's just my opinion and I always respect people who disagree. It drives me nuts when both sides of the argument refuse to give credit/ criticism. AV deserves credit and he deserves criticism. It doesn't mean that you're not a fan because you point these things out. Everyone seems to take it so personally if someone has a different perspective on the matter.

Lmao! An apology not likely.

AV needs to go and has needed to be gone for years.

He's already admitted he leaves it up to the team, wake up. They coach themselves and that's why he sticks rookies on 4th lines period.

The win streak is due to a hot goalie as usual. The line he's gone with is what many have been calling for.

Any arm chair Canuck fan could of picked that lineup and would have had JS on the second line all along.Not just because your out of veteran options.

He just relies on veterans and hot goalies to save his bacon and why he allows them so much rope. They win with their talent alone and why when they struggle he loses because he lost.

fan

noun

by dictionary.com

Lmao! An apology not likely.

AV needs to go and has needed to be gone for years.

He's already admitted he leaves it up to the team, wake up. They coach themselves and that's why he sticks rookies on 4th lines period.

The win streak is due to a hot goalie as usual. The line he's gone with is what many have been calling for.

Any arm chair Canuck fan could of picked that lineup and would have had JS on the second line all along.Not just because your out of veteran options.

He just relies on veterans and hot goalies to save his bacon and why he allows them so much rope. They win with their talent alone and why when they struggle he loses because he lost.

He may be a good coach. But what's the point of winning the battles but losing the war year after year. Without a Cup we are essentially losing the war. Our guys will get ground down and eventually demoralized that we have nothing more than a bunch of trophy's to show for year after year of struggle...

Y'all ignorant fools have cost this team ten times more games putting all your negativity out there than Vigneault has since he was hired. He's an excellent coach who understands the value of defence and individual responsibility. How many people are there with their ropes tied to the back of the Canucks' bandwagon, digging their heels in, pulling with all their might to hold this team back, claiming to be fans? Refusing to root for the team properly until the coach is fired, or the goalie is traded, or this or that player is switched to this or that line, or the GM says what they themselves are thinking? Sack up and root for your team, or find one that you want to root for.

There is a black cloud hanging over this franchise, a poisonous atmosphere, ever since we lost the Finals. That should have been counted a success but fools have let it fester and rot, and defined it as a failure when it was our greatest achievement in almost two decades. We need to lance this boil, scour it and cauterize it before the rot gets any deeper and gets into any truly essential systems...we have been lucky so far, but it's time to be smart as well. When a successful team's own fans are actively rooting against it, the hockey gods will only tolerate that for so long. The end of last season is a taste of what we will all get for a main course, if y'all don't recognize your wrongs and repent what you're doing.

The Canucks are improving despite having some major holes. Schneider is getting into his groove which helps.

The playoffs will be the judge. If we can't make it past the first round I am guessing AV is done.

I don't think anyone owes AV an apology, unless they have said something personal about him.

Guest Pinchin

AV gets no apology. Why on earth would I apologize???? I don't like him, I've never called his abilities into question and nothing has changed except we won 4 freakin' games. PLAN THE PARADE!!!!!! I hope you realize even the best coaches have to move on at some point...did Scotty Bowman coach the same team for his entire career? AV is a tremendous hockey talent, but he has also had an identity crisis this season and is settling into a trap mentality. You watch tonight against Columbus, it will be a trap game. I don't want AV fired, I just want him to sweat a little and realize he has to continue to grow as a coach or he will be coaching a different team...in the NHL no doubt. And give our young talent better looks please...

A short streak of losses doesn't equate to a firing, same the other way around: short streak of wins doesn't equate to a turnaround. Jury is still out of AV I think, but until something goes sideways for a longer stretch, he record is still very successful.

Let's be honest here, the people on this board choose to hate on someone and you will never change their opinion. The have favorites and the have people they hate who could never do any right. When we lose, it's that persons fault, when we win it's in spite of that person. From MG to AV to Loungo to Edler, everyone has their own scapegoat and refuse to recognize when they do anything right. Look at how well Raymond is playing and there are still people who complain about him because of how he played last year.

AV is a good coach despite what some people on here say. He makes mistakes like everyone else but so does every single coach in the league. The coaches and players are human but we expect them to be gods. Perfection is the only way to get satisfaction from most our fanbase and even then someone will still try to find fault. Even if we went on a win streak like the Penguins, you will still find people complaining about how the coach did stupid stuff and how the poster could have made better choices. AV doesn't always make the best decisions but I don't think he is as bad as this board makes him out to be.

Dramatic.

So anyone that disagrees with you is a terrible fan then? As for this energy thing? Well Tampa and Carolina won with NO FANS let alone positive or negative. It's not voodoo, chi or bandwagons. It's good players, coaching, goals, defense and goaltending and maybe a good bounce or two.

Right now we it looks to me that we have a coach that is trying to inch us back into a trap system. All his wins do not make that unforgivable to me.

Archived