The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Tor

To Vancouver-Colton Orr & 3rd/4th round pick.

To Toronto-Dale Weise & 5th round pick.

I believe this would be a good deal as the Canucks get a premier heavyweight fighter in the NHL that can drop the mitts with just about anyone and do a efficient job doing it. There was a article in the Vancouver Sun I believe about how he trimmed down from 245 lbs to 230 lbs. as he was going for a more lean body. It has helped him as he has been playing a bit better and is getting in on the fore-check. Also we get a upgraded pick in return for a lower pick that we are giving them. We give them Dale Weise which hasn't been a bad depth player but he doesn't provide us with a great enforcer role. We get $385,000 cap space heading towards us, but we do essentially get a higher pick in return. Also Orr is a UFA at the end of the season so its only temporary. As well as a true enforcer this team needs to address the physical needs this team needs as we've been "picked on" in the playoffs before. Toughness has been an issue and I strongly believe acquiring Orr will help this concern.

I think you guys undervalue Weise and what he brings to the lineup... Grit mixed with a little talent... What more is you looking for? He's not a Super Goon by anymeans but he can handle himself.

Archived