The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Walsh/Bob Seger Concert

Gurn

Last night I was at the Rogers arena concert of Joe Walsh as the opening act and Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band.I have never seen a guy have as much fun on stage as Bob. The show is now #2 on my list of best ever attended by me.

Joe started at just after 7:30 pm and went on for 45 minutes. Set list included

Analog Man

Funk 49

Life's been good to me

Walk Away

In the city

Rocky Mountain Way.

Walsh was very good and I'd have been fine with another 45 minutes. i'd have liked to hear stuff from his Confessor and Ordinary Average Guy albums.

Bob Seger was simply outstanding, I'd heard in the old days he put on epic concerts and I can see that people spoke the truth. Fantastic. Set list just went on and on, 2 encores-ended with Hollywood Nights. A partial list

Sunspot Baby

Like A Rock

2 new songs off an album out this Aug.

Roll Me Away

Katmandu

Night Moves

Mainstreet

Travelin Man/beautiful loser

Old time rock and roll

Against the wind

Turn the page

Absolutely go and see this guy if you can. Good thing this is typed cause my voice is shot.

Was thinking about buying tickets when I first heard the pair were playing together then had just forgot... sounds like a great show, though I wish I could have seen them in a smaller venue

Saw him in '87 at the Dome. It was a super windy night. All of the rigging above the stage - lighting, etc. - was swaying back and forth above the band all night. It was weird watching them look up at it. Strange happenings to make a memorable evening even better.

Archived