The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MVP/Hart: Who get's it if Crosby misses the rest of the season?

If the Islanders make the playoffs and he stays on the same pace I'd be very tempted to give it to Tavares.

I'm finding the amount Kane talk hard to understand. He has put up good point totals and they are higher than Toews. But Toews has more game winning goals, has the same shootout goals, is one of the best face off guys in the league and kills penalties.

Please.

People parroting the Kane for Hart thing need to have a look at his terrible underlying numbers.

2nd worst relative corsi on the Hawks (-16.5) - only their shutdown center Bolland (understandably) has a worse corsi.

Kane rivals Kessel as one of the worst two way hockey players in the NHL.

Toews, Hossa, Keith, Sharp, Seabrook - all better hockey players than Kane.

I'll take Craig Anderson for the Hart.

If the Islanders make the playoffs and he stays on the same pace I'd be very tempted to give it to Tavares.

I'm finding the amount Kane talk hard to understand. He has put up good point totals and they are higher than Toews. But Toews has more game winning goals, has the same shootout goals, is one of the best face off guys in the league and kills penalties.

If Ovechkin keeps heating up even more, he'd likely be my candidate. 9 game point streak as of right now. Also has 20 goals. Otherwise my vote would go to John Tavares, most underrated guy in the league. Doesn't get as much credit as he deserves because he doesn't play in a huge hockey market.

Candidates: Ovechkin and Tavares.

Even if he misses the rest of the season, I think I would still look at Crosby. He's turned his ordinary linemantes into league-leading scorers, he's distanced himself in the scoring race from everyone else, and the team literally just seems to win when he's in the lineup. I think that's the perfect definition of the player who is most valuable to his team.

Crosby still gets the hart, no question about it. He's got a 10 point lead on Stamkos with just over 10 games to play. He could very easily still win the Art Ross, but the Hart is his. And the Ted Lindsay.

Kane doesn't deserve the Hart when you consider how well the entire team has played, everyone from the 1st to 4th liners, to bottom defensive pairings to backup goalie on that team have been great, Kane definately did not carry the Blackhawks.

I'd like to see Bobrovsky or Fasth get a Hart mention because they deserve it. One minor roster change in both cases has turned a bottom-dwelling team into a Cup contender.

I hate Kane's guts... but I've seen about 6 or 7 games he's played this year and he's just been spectacular...

To be fair I've only seen Sid play 4 or so games... and he hasn't impressed me like Kane has

Hart should go to the player most valuable to his team. IMO that has been Kane or even bobrovksy

The problem with the Hart is that it isn't properly awarded. It's supposed to be the most valuable player to his team, not the best overall player.

With that in mind, hands down should be Bobrovsky if Columbus makes the playoffs. Otherwise, Price, Ovie, and Crosby should be the finalists.

I agree with the difficulty of awarding the Hart, I remember someone saying that if it was truly awarded for what it is Miikka Kipprusoff would win it every year (just not this year lol). That's why Perry won over Danny. But I like the Bobrovsky suggestions, Kane has probably been the next-best overall player after Crosby. Might as well throw in Stamkos or Tavares as the third.

Archived