The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'My Contract Sucks'

nux4lyfe

He still hasn't learned his lesson to not give the media sound bytes.

Obviously he was joking at the time, but the media is too stupid to get a joke. So now they're going to continuously play this clip every time a Luongo trade is discussed.

I don't know but I get kinda tired of hearing how Roberto is and Elite goalie

Last 5 years not including this season

Save % GAA

12th 16th

4th 2nd

18th 19th

5th 5th

14th 13th

Average

10.6 11

Out of 45 goalies average of 10th and 11th over the past five years is hardly an Elite Goalie. A solid starter with some consistency problems yes!

I don't know but I get kinda tired of hearing how Roberto is and Elite goalie

Last 5 years not including this season

Save % GAA

12th 16th

4th 2nd

18th 19th

5th 5th

14th 13th

Average

10.6 11

Out of 45 goalies average of 10th and 11th over the past five years is hardly an Elite Goalie. A solid starter with some consistency problems yes!

Right on Slegr, that would be exactly how I would sum up how I feel about this situation if I knew that offer was legit. I mean do we really know that story was not BS? If it is true, then Luongo was a dick, plain and simple. But he signed a contract giving himself the right to be. How can he hate it! Hey, Luongo, I'm a huge fan but come on dude, gimme a break. Waive, or play hard. If you're lucky, you might be able to win your job back.

I wonder how his agent feel right now. I hope he puked in his own mouth while watching the presser. Thank Christ for 7-8 year contract maximums.

teams are willing to take the contract. The problem why Lu wasn't moved because teams didn't want to give Gillis what he wants. bottom line, Lu could have been moved but Gillis is asking too much.

Teams want Lu, just not his contract. Put it this way if Lu was a free agent this summer, you would have a lot teams trying to sign him.

He still hasn't learned his lesson to not give the media sound bytes.

Obviously he was joking at the time, but the media is too stupid to get a joke. So now they're going to continuously play this clip every time a Luongo trade is discussed.

One thing that really ticked me off about the Luongo interview (I've really thought about it and I'm only pointing this out mainly) was the fact He said "My contract sucks"..

I'm the biggest Lu fan and have been since day 1, but to not only throw yourself under the bus but the management too is really sad...Now we are are even in a worse position because other teams that actually would trade for him now will use that as leverage...sure everyone knows that, but once you admit to it, it's a diff story.

might as well have taken on a part of his salary and the 2nd, 3rd pick..we'd be lucky to even get a 4th now..has been a class act since the beginning and should of stayed that way.

And also, when a trade was going to happen with the Laffs, just because he thought he could go to Florida he said "no', why should management get their cards taken away from them?

In fairness to Mike Gillis, he was still relatively new to the job of gm at the time of the Luongo contract negotiations with Gilles Lupien, still transitioning from his longtime role as a player agent.

Could it be that was felling a little confused, conflicted even, as to his role in those negotiations?

Sure Gilles Lupien got over on Gillis in a big way in those negotiations, and of course it will handcuff the franchise for another nine seasons. But Gillis has learned so much since those early greenhorn days. You live and learn, eh.

Gonna keep saying this 'til blue in the face...Pair him with Booth & trade for Bryz or Dipietro,(who we amnesty), PLUS 2 or 3 young pieces for the puzzle.

GREAT opportunity to get cap-compliant, while shoring up with some prospect-depth. Lu gets his wish, to be a starter out east; & 1 of those franchises can move on from a major hurdle.

In this passionate market the Aquilini's would DEFINITELY recoup the 20 mill if it helps maintain a top team.

At the time the contract was signed, Luo looked like he was worth every penny and perhaps more. He was the best goaltender on the planet, had everything going for him.

Then came the Chicago debacle, and suddenly everything began to fall apart. Now he's stuck in this boat.

Truth is, Luongo did himself in when he not only signed the contract, but proceeded to set himself as the Nucks "deliverer." He's gone and strapped the target upon himself, personally guaranteeing the world for Canuck nation. When he faltered, his opponents made fun of him, and his fans threw him under the bus.

I was Luongo's biggest supporter, that is until this year when he continued to put his foot in his mouth with things like "contract sucks" among other things. I think it may be healthy for him to move on if that's what he wants, but on the other hand, it's highly unlikely he can be moved. And I still kind of want to see him have a better ending.

All in all though, Luongo and the Canucks have no option but to start over and get up. Let him finish what he started by winnning a Cup in Vancouver, and then he can kiss the demons goodbye.

Archived