The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'My Contract Sucks'

nux4lyfe

While it's true that Lu put a lot of this on himself - everyone has bad games, but his bad games tended to be epic, and tended to be important - when the media asked about the NTC, he did say he was willing to waive it if it was best for the team. He said that. I'll do whatever the team needs me to do. He has remained more than professional throughout. I think it is only fair to forgive him a moment of weakness. Everyone effs up. No matter how much money you make, no matter how talented or intelligent or successful, everyone has that occasional time when they put their foot in their mouth.

He will give this team a few more excellent starts and will be traded soon enough. And when he gets to wherever he's going, he'll kick some ass there too. It's a shame it didn't work out better, but sometimes life is just messy and ugly. To put him on a pedestal just because he gets paid a lot or because he's extremely talented is just dumb. Don't be dumb.

While it's true that Lu put a lot of this on himself - everyone has bad games, but his bad games tended to be epic, and tended to be important - when the media asked about the NTC, he did say he was willing to waive it if it was best for the team. He said that. I'll do whatever the team needs me to do. He has remained more than professional throughout. I think it is only fair to forgive him a moment of weakness. Everyone effs up. No matter how much money you make, no matter how talented or intelligent or successful, everyone has that occasional time when they put their foot in their mouth.

He will give this team a few more excellent starts and will be traded soon enough. And when he gets to wherever he's going, he'll kick some ass there too. It's a shame it didn't work out better, but sometimes life is just messy and ugly. To put him on a pedestal just because he gets paid a lot or because he's extremely talented is just dumb. Don't be dumb.

lol the contract sucks ... the person signing it does, be a man and grow a set. I feel for him that he didnt get traded, but if he was as good as he thinks someone would have took him...they didnt.

His contract is a god send, 64 mil and still not happy....this sucks how. The pressure is what sucks, but in sports thats really what you get paid for.....be a pro Luo.

You've completely taken it out of context and missed the mark. He's basically handcuffed by the contract and not playing (much) as a result. Don't blame him...in the workplace, do you try to make the most money possible/available? Of course you do. So why should he be any different?

He is the epitome of a pro....have you not been watching how he's handled this? There's been a containment of distraction on the bench and to the team because he's kept a sense of humour and addressed things along the way. He could have just been a pouty puss until things got done, but he's really kept it in check.

Which is why he's relieved to have this behind him for the moment...he can now focus, let it die down and isn't in the constant state of having to be ready to be moved. He can focus on whatever playing time he has and seems really commited to helping the team. How can you suggest he hasn't been a "pro" in this?...of course he has.

Lou doesn't live under a rock, he knows the situation just like everyone else. It's a unfortunate one for himself and the team, hopefully a resolution that benefits both parties happens over the summer.

Archived