The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jean-Sebastien Giguere blows stack at Avalanche,

I thought the SOB was done when Trots pulled the plug on him. At 13 - 15 minutes, playing a physical game' he was serviceable. He never accepted that and never failed to talk a better game than he delivered. Many CDC fans wanted Shane and called for Alberts to go and even Rome. Both those players were far more reliable. Last Canucks game I believe the Av's had Shane on the PP. Go figure.

I live down in Colorado and naturally follow the Avalanche a little more (than average CDC member).

Fair amount of judgement is being passed along without perspective.

First, SOB isn't the core of this problem and I would imagine their are 5+ guys ahead of SOB that Jiggy is talking about. This are likely McGinn (17 points and -14), David Jones (7 points and -11), Statsny (19 points and -19) and Erik Johnson (4 points -2.....and a huge feline).

SOB has played a little over half of this year's games while posting up a -2...not bad considering the team's best +/- is 7 and they have 6 players with a +/- worse than -10. Along the way I've been quite impressed with some of his games, and his ability to keep quiet when he's been benched.

The problem is that the Avs are young and can't dominate games...or even control them. Part of this is because they don't have a legit 2 way or checking line. As a result you have the likes of Duchene/Landeskog/Statsny/Paranteau playing far more defense than they should be. Regardless of their desire none of these are players that excel defensively.

Still don't see how partying and snorting drugs has any affect on playing hockey or anything really...

Richards and Carter made it to the SCF doing both.. Probably continued to do them when they were re-united.. They won a cup..

Archived