The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 30 Canadian Players of All-Time - #17

-AJ-

#17 Canadian Player of All-Time  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jean Beliveau won a close one with 33.33% of the votes.

D. Savard and S. Niedermayer had two nominations, no one else had more than one. I used Excel's random function to determine the winner and S. Niedermayer won.

Scott Niedermayer was added to the list.

Congratulations to Jean Beliveau for being named the #16 Canadian Player of All-Time!

We are going with the Country the player played for internationally.

Please remember to nominate someone to be added to the voting list!

The List:

#1 - Wayne Gretzky

#2 - Bobby Orr

#3 - Mario Lemieux

#4 - Gordie Howe

#5 - Maurice Richard

#6 - Patrick Roy

#7 - Martin Brodeur

#8 - Steve Yzerman

#9 - Joe Sakic

#10 - Mark Messier

-------------------------

#11 - Mike Bossy

#12 - Doug Harvey

#13 - Bobby Hull

#14 - Ray Bourque

#15 - Guy Lafleur

#16 - Jean Beliveau

For the fourth time, I'm voting for Eddie Shore, four-time Hart Trophy winner and in my opinion the top player in the first 25 years of the NHL. He was basically the ideal defenseman. He could hit, fight, score, and defend. He could do it all.

one_shore01.jpg

Once again, I'm nominating Denis Savard. Looking at his stats I'm amazed at how he never got onto our Top 50 players of All-Time list. Five 100+ point seasons, including one 131-point season. He finished with 1,338 points, which ranks 28th All-Time (21st among Canadians).

JOFA+266+denis+savard+canadiens.jpg

voted for Esposito, couldnt vote for shore was a great player but guy was a loose cannon and probably shouldve gotten a lot more suspensions than he did get. In my mind great canadian players are made on and off the ice which to me puts shore way down the list.

nominating savard,

crosby will be the better player in time, but his sample size so far is too small to determine how "great" he will be when all is said and done.

Archived