The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

best road to the cup

canucksnihilist

best road to the cup  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Canucks went through Chicago,Nashville and San Jose to play Boston in 2011, and id say that was the easiest, minus the Canucks letting Chicago back in that 1st round, we shoulda won in 4 or 5.

This time around, Minnesota/San Jose/Anaheim/Pittsburgh would be the easiest

Well; I seed us 4t in the West. Behind Chicago, Anaheim, LA... It has nothing to do with regular season and everything to do with match up's. In reality I could seed St Lou equal with us? Look at their top 5 D of Shattenkirk/Leopold, Bowmeister/Pietrangelo & how good is Jackman as a 5th D?

It's not that we're a lost cause. We prob have, at worst, the 2knd best goalie. And he might be better than Quick this year? See Patrick Roy; Schneider could get hot and carry us a long way... We also have (IMO) the best group of offensive forwards 5 on 5. Plus solid penalty killing. We have 6 or so games to rejuvenate what was once a top PP. If all that goes well we can go on a run.

Funny thing; the reason I rate all those teams with or ahead of us is that they have proven they can fore-check us into oblivion at times. They have big fast & physical forwards. Our vaunted defense needs to get to pucks and get it up ice before pressure gets to us. If we do that, no team has better puck control. I think we will score more goals than teams can score on Schneider; that simple!

In reality our D has not quite been as good as advertised this year, for that reason. One key is a guy I questioned last year; Tanev. He is the best on our team at getting to the puck and getting it up ice. And where LA wore on him last year, he's better (and faster) this year. All the physical matchup's get lost in our speed & puck control once we're up ice.

Tanev is our secret weapon!

Something like this:

Seeding:

Chi

Ana

Van

LA

SJ

Min

Stl

Clb

Chi > Clb

Stl > Ana

Van > Min

SJ > LA

Chi > Stl

Van > SJ

Van > Chi

So this way Van get Min who are beatable. Then because Stl upsets Ana they play Chi in the next round and Van gets SJ who I also think are beatable. Hopefully Stl beats up Chi bad in their series and Van can somehow squeek by Chi and hopefully meet some underdog in the finals like Was or something.

I would agree with TG here. St.Louis and LA would be a very physical series, i feel confident we would beat them both but no way we'd be healthy. Chicago would be tough but i could actually see that going either way. I think the Ducks are prone for an upset, not playing well heading into the playoffs. Minny would be a good matchup for us.

Archived