The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who are going to get rid of in order to.......

RoyBaby

Well I'll agree with the discusting part but otherwise your ideas have some problems.

1st we need a new better 1st line as the Sedins have peaked and not shown up at all way too often this year. 70pt palyers = 2nd line next year.

2nd Booth deserves the Dustin Penner treatment when he gets back. His 1/4 pt/gm = overpaid 4th liner not 2nd come 1st lliner.

3rd your buddy Roybaby is scoring at exactly the rate of Mason Raymond at 1/2 pt per

If the Canucks hope to compete next year they need 2 first line wingers and Kesler needs to take the reigns, and a 3rd line C and a bonafide #1 D, is that too much to ask? probably

Guest Dasein

No we need to start coming up with ideas to find a way to keep him here.

Booth-Kesler-Roy is an absolutely disgusting line up and in order to "achieve" this, we need to stop being worried about hurting feelings and make it happen.

The third line is fine. We don't really need them. We just need really high energy players that are just happy to be on the ice and will fight to keep playing. The first 2 lines will be more than sufficient and 3rd and 4th should just be buffer lines for the first 2 to rest. Having 2 lines with a bunch of Lapierre's is a great way to save money and allow the elite players to do their thing.

I know some dweeb is gonna be like, "omg Roy Baby, we need diversity and people to produce on the 3rd and 4th, we need depth ! gay.gif "

Not really. Look at Pittsburgh, Montreal, and Chicago. They are running this system and it is working.

As has been mentioned in all of the other Roy threads about him coming back, his brother and a number of high school friends do live in Vancouver, so it's not like he doesn't have anything to keep him here beyond wanting to stay with the team. Ottawa might be his first choice, but I don't think Vancouver is really that far behind.

As has been mentioned in all of the other Roy threads about him coming back, his brother and a number of high school friends do live in Vancouver, so it's not like he doesn't have anything to keep him here beyond wanting to stay with the team. Ottawa might be his first choice, but I don't think Vancouver is really that far behind.

Click thread title to read post

Who are we going to get rid of in order to keep Roy? It's obvious.... Roy has been the best thing to happen to this team in years and is exactly the type of players we should have been looking. It seems like most of the players on the team minus Kes, Sedins, and Schneider are just "missing" something. They are "good" players, but too many times we think, "If only ___________ was more _________, then he would be incredible". Roy is a complete package and when Booth comes back, it would be a scary line with Roy and Kesler....they would just completely body everyone and it would be like having 2 first lines.

But..... he is asking for a lot of $$$$$ which he should because he is at that level.

So who is it that should go?

I am thinking Raymond, Kassian, Lu, Ballard, and Shroeder just to trim the fat, open some cap space, and get a few prospects (just gotta make sure they are actually good this time)

Thoughts? Concerns? Let's hear it! no weird or troll posts please.

The players that leave for him to stay? Alberts, Barker (Rental anyways?), Ebbett, Vandermeer, Weise and Raymond. Im not saying all of them. Any combination of the group to save some dollars. Now, I dont have a personal issue with these guys. Alberts and Weise are UFA's after the season and Raymond is going to want more money but I think he'd be better off on another team. He just doesn't fit in my Vancouver Canucks team. But thats also why Im on my computer saying this and not in an office managing a professional team lol If I was going to buyout one contract, it would be Booth. Straight up. Hes a good hockey player but Roy has made a greater impact on this team in the short amount of time hes been here compared to Booth and honestly hes had his chances. So just for argument sake, buy out Booth (cap hit for 4 years is basically $1.3m), let Alberts go (save $1.225m), Let Raymond go (save $2.275m), Malholtras gone so that saves $2.5m. Mix and match and you have the room to get him for at least another year. Unless of course I missed something or didnt take something into account.

PS. This post is a fustercluck haha

Doesn't mean it'll work.

Hamhuis's right was traded to two cup contending teams before he hit free agency to sign for less to come home.

Garrison also left a lot of money on the table to come home.

I love Roy, but if Ottawa offers him a contract, he will take less than what Vancouver offers to go home.

Roy has a great chance to win a Cup. If we do win, maybe he'll buy into the team and sign. If we don't, he will look hard at Ottawa and wait for free agency to see if they have any interest in him.

Archived