The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who are going to get rid of in order to.......

RoyBaby

Guest Dasein

Great post.

You gotta keep in mind though that everyone has a price, and if you've seen interviews with Roy aside from the rink you'll notice he's about his money

He won't stay. He's behind Hank and Kes in the seniority list and even though he's likely a better 2C than Kesler, he won't win that position under AV.

Too bad 'cause Roy as 2C and Kesler 3C as the shut down line would be deadly. Won't happen.

Out: Luongo, Booth, Ballard, and Raymond = $15,180,000

Re-sign Roy for $5.75 million, Lapierre for $1.75 million, and Tanev for $2 million and we're left with $5,680,000

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Roy

Kassian - Schroeder - Hansen

Jensen - Lapierre - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev

Garrison - Corrado

Schneider

Lack

I remember crunching the numbers, and working out that Ryan O'Reilly could be fit @ 5M for the coming years so long as Lu, Ballard and Booth were jettisoned. The money can work.

But I'm not sure Roy would want to stay here, unless he's guaranteed top-6 ice and doesn't mind playing wing.

He won't stay. He's behind Hank and Kes in the seniority list and even though he's likely a better 2C than Kesler, he won't win that position under AV.

Too bad 'cause Roy as 2C and Kesler 3C as the shut down line would be deadly. Won't happen.

Click thread title to read post

Who are we going to get rid of in order to keep Roy? It's obvious.... Roy has been the best thing to happen to this team in years and is exactly the type of players we should have been looking. It seems like most of the players on the team minus Kes, Sedins, and Schneider are just "missing" something. They are "good" players, but too many times we think, "If only ___________ was more _________, then he would be incredible". Roy is a complete package and when Booth comes back, it would be a scary line with Roy and Kesler....they would just completely body everyone and it would be like having 2 first lines.

But..... he is asking for a lot of $$$$$ which he should because he is at that level.

So who is it that should go?

I am thinking Raymond, Kassian, Lu, Ballard, and Shroeder just to trim the fat, open some cap space, and get a few prospects (just gotta make sure they are actually good this time)

Thoughts? Concerns? Let's hear it! no weird or troll posts please.

Raymond is having a great year why would we get rid of him? I can see them buying out Booth and Ballard. That's 8.4 million right there.

Luongo will free up 5.333 million but you have to account for the salary of whoever we get back for him, buying out Luongo or trading him for basically nothing would be idiotic I don't see them doing that.

If that's all we can get for Luongo but then a team offers us something good for Schneider then i'd pull the trigger on that one if it significantly improves the team.

Trading Lu for draft picks would be pointless if our window to win is "now". By the time those draft picks are regulars in the NHL Schneider will be even older than Luongo is right now.

Good post.

The problem I see with what you said though is that you can't exactly compare Roy and Raymond in terms of stats at this point considering Roy was playing on a terrible Dallas Stars and is still working himself in to find what works for him here. He has also been paired up with awful line mates at first and was not given as much playing time on that third line there.

Also, Booth is injured and did not have a proper training camp in order to get NHL "ready". You could see each game he was playing though that he was shaking the rust off and guarantee come next season when he's had the proper rehab and training camps to fine-tune, he will be worth that price tag.

Overall this season is a really tough assessment considering the players were not properly prepared as they were not even expecting to play. This season feels like a pre-season imo. Look at Ovechkin now cutting down that deficit that Stamkos had as he finally found his groove and is now at his 'peak' performance levels.

Also, getting rid of the Sedins would be a terrible, terrible decision. They make whoever they play with look like a star.

Raymond is having a great year why would we get rid of him? I can see them buying out Booth and Ballard. That's 8.4 million right there.

Luongo will free up 5.333 million but you have to account for the salary of whoever we get back for him, buying out Luongo or trading him for basically nothing would be idiotic I don't see them doing that.

You're kidding I hope!??!!? He isn't worth anywhere near Kesler money. I am just hoping that we don't get rid of a bunch of players to free up cap space, then over pay him.........I think everyone thinks he's going to be 'the answer' to all our problems........personally I hope we don't resign him......just my opinion.

If that's all we can get for Luongo but then a team offers us something good for Schneider then i'd pull the trigger on that one if it significantly improves the team.

Trading Lu for draft picks would be pointless if our window to win is "now". By the time those draft picks are regulars in the NHL Schneider will be even older than Luongo is right now.

I hope MG doesn't lose Booth and keep Roy, because in terms of playoff-players we need more Booths, less Roys. Roy may be scoring in the regular season, but you win Cups with players who take it hard to the net and hit hard like Booth, not short centers who don't hit like Roy.

Hopefully we lose a goalie and Ballard, that should be enough to give Roy 5-6M. Of course he'll command 6+ but if we have a deep Cup run with him, and if Kesler can become his best friend, he'll have reasons to stay.

Archived