The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1 Point needed to be Division Champs

Slegr

Wild lose tonight and would need to win all three remaining games, and the Canucks would need to get zero points in their 3 remaining games in order for the Canucks to not win their Division.

It looks like third place in the Conference is all but wrapped up. Not bad, considering the injuries. I wouldn't have put my money on it at the start of the season.

If they clinch the division in the Chicago game, I'd hope they fill the roster with plugs for the final two games. No sense in risking any injuries at the very end when there is no way you can move up or down in positioning. Thoughts?

Wild lose tonight and would need to win all three remaining games, and the Canucks would need to get zero points in their 3 remaining games in order for the Canucks to not win their Division.

It looks like third place in the Conference is all but wrapped up. Not bad, considering the injuries. I wouldn't have put my money on it at the start of the season.

If they clinch the division in the Chicago game, I'd hope they fill the roster with plugs for the final two games. No sense in risking any injuries at the very end when there is no way you can move up or down in positioning. Thoughts?

This makes the Chicago game the game of the season. Chance to clinch, but more importantly the deciding game against the league's best - we win and we win the series, they win and it's theirs. If the Canucks want to win a Cup they're going to have to go through Chicago and Anaheim, which is why these next 2 games are the biggest of the season.

You can judge our entire regular season based on these next 2 games - throw out all the wins against Edmonton and Colorado, they mean nothing if we can't beat the best in the West.

This makes the Chicago game the game of the season. Chance to clinch, but more importantly the deciding game against the league's best - we win and we win the series, they win and it's theirs. If the Canucks want to win a Cup they're going to have to go through Chicago and Anaheim, which is why these next 2 games are the biggest of the season.

You can judge our entire regular season based on these next 2 games - throw out all the wins against Edmonton and Colorado, they mean nothing if we can't beat the best in the West.

Archived