The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Islanders Young Guns vs Oilers Young Guns

Isles, no doubt. Not only do they have one of the best, if not THE best, young forwards in the game, they have a solid supporting cast up front as well as some high-end young defensemen. The Oilers have their 4 stud forwards and that's it. Yeah they have Musil and Klefbom, but I'd way rather have Reinhart and de Haan.

For having all of the supposed offensive talent that they do, the Oilers sure dont score very much. To put it in some perspective, the Canucks have scored 10 more goals than them this season, although the Oilers do have a game in hand, for whatever that's worth.

The Islanders have 23 more goals than the Oilers this season, however the Oilers have played 1 less game as well.

The Islanders are and in my opinion will continue to be further along than Edmonton for quite some time.

People are overlooking the fact that the Oilers prospects are much more raw and younger. The Islanders are being completely carried by Tavares who is more matured as a player than anyone else right now and has also played 4 NHL seasons which is more than any of the Oilers big 3 prospects.

Also I have the fact that people are even mentioning Moulson shows how little they know about the Islanders roster. Matt Moulson is 29 years old, that is hardly a young gun. Okposo is 25, Grabner is 25, Bailey is 23... The Islanders players are similar more hockey mature.

Not to mention the Islanders have the luxury of older stronger players. 4 of the Islanders top 5 scorers are 28-35 years old. No one in the Oilers top 5 scoring is over 23.

I take the Oilers in next few years.

Archived