The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Playoff beards and other superstitions 2013

King Heffy

If I don't shave it's so crazy the growth I get in just a couple weeks.... So I stopped the whole playoff beards this year lol but some people push it overboard with superstitions because apparently my friends cousin dosent shower... Dosent shave , sleep in his jersey, dosent change clothes the whole duration of the canucks playoffs... That's just gross and messed up.... I never wanna meet this kid.

Gotta shave so I don't scare my clients...

I do wear Canucks socks on games days, and if we win, those socks don't get a wash anymore... Mmm my lady loves when I do that..

Also, and this one is crucial, I never call a series before its over... Never go win in " 4,5,6,7" etc. The last time I did that was the minny series in 2001, and it didn't work out so well.....

Well, I'm a woman so I don't grow a playoff beard. I pluck that sh*t. :lol:

I do, however, paint my toes blue and green for the playoffs. And I gave playoff game rituals in addition to my regular game weirdness (the verbal parts of which I've affectionately named "hockey Turrets Syndrome.") For example, whenever we score I wave a Canucks flag and then twirl a playoff towel. The towel has to be twirled longer than the flag, so if I got really excited with the flag waving my arm gets tired by the time my celebration is done. :lol:

For every game, the Canucks flag in the planter on our balcony must be right side front. The Canucks pillow must be right side up. Beyond that, anything we do right before the game must remain the same as they were before the last game if we won, but must be done differently if we lost.

Come to think of it, I might have a problem...

Will be growing a beard as well, but I'm a bit stuck on the rules of the tradition. I shaved this morning, should I just start from there, or is it better to have one last shave tonight or tomorrow morning?

First-timer here, need to know the rules!

I got a week's head start on the beard, but I will be growing it. Wearing my Canucks thsirt under my Kassian jersey with a Johnny Canuck hat. and I ALWAYS raise my hands during a powerplay in the playoffs. I keep them raised the entire powerplay, even during a commercial break haha

Archived