The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is this what the post Sedin era will look like

Fred65

Watching the Game on Saturday against Edmonton the thought had to cross the minds of more than a few, is this what the Canucks will look like in a couple of years time, the post Sedin era. It's almost scary to watch, Edmonton with a boat load of highly skilled players ( although RNH sat out Saturdays game ) and the Canucks chasing after them like chicken with their heads cut off.

Is Vcr prepared for the post Sedin era, are the fans prepared will the sell out crowds evaporate. Lets hope the Aquilini family have put some bread aside for a rainy day.

??

Schroeder-Kesler-Burrows

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Higgins-Gaunce-Jensen

?-Mallet-?

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Tanev-Corrado

Sedins will probably be 2nd liners in a couple years. I think Schroeder will be a top 6 player and so will Kassian by then and maybe even Jensen.

We shouldn't be too bad, especially since we can still signs FA's and trade...

Gaunce has looked unreal this year and in the playoffs for his team. He is carrying that team, voted OHL defensive player of the year and in the top 5 for playoff scoring... he is looking great.

in 3 years, sedins and burrows will be 35, Kess will be 32, shneids, 30, elder 30, hammer 33, Bieksa 34/35, Garrison 30, not to mention Tanev and Corrado will be 25 and 23 respectively.

Lack can and should be moved for a good young player at some point if he becomes an NHL number 1, he is 25 right now.

Kassian could be great or not, in 3 yrs he will be 24- that is still pretty young.

Gaunce, Jensen, Schroeder, Kassian should all be helpful offensively, I would say all four should be top 6 players?? but likely only 2 of them will be.

So in 3-4 yrs, our goaltending and D group will still be excellent, our forwards will be the question mark- can Gillis swing a trade or make a big UFA signing to help us out???

Gillis' top priority is to get a good young up and coming forward to help ease our transition to senior citizenship

Schroeder-Kesler-Burrows

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Higgins-Gaunce-Jensen

?-Mallet-?

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Tanev-Corrado

Sedins will probably be 2nd liners in a couple years. I think Schroeder will be a top 6 player and so will Kassian by then and maybe even Jensen.

We shouldn't be too bad, especially since we can still signs FA's and trade...

All you tea leaf readers or crystal ball viewers...can you tell me if the Sedins will sign again to a team that is on the way down or throw the dice with a team who has a good chance of success and maybe win a cup. Think Inginla, Morrow, Nash.

After this season the Canucks are a deminishing force

Archived