The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Datsyuk retirement/ Lewis retirement

LegionOfDoom

Detroit taking a page out of Baltimore ravens book? Try the datsyuk retiring like the Lewis retiring?

I believe datsyuk felt like red wings window is closed after this season and is trying to push his team to go all out for him one last season by announcing before playoffs started. Do you like the approach? Or do you feel it to be selfish? I no he didn't say for sure but it sure sounds like it! I'd say good luck to him and the redwings but I wouldn't mean it! Go nucks go

Sorry if this is wrong forum but felt like it was the right one?

Thanks for the read and ur thoughts

Detroit taking a page out of Baltimore ravens book? Try the datsyuk retiring like the Lewis retiring?

I believe datsyuk felt like red wings window is closed after this season and is trying to push his team to go all out for him one last season by announcing before playoffs started. Do you like the approach? Or do you feel it to be selfish? I no he didn't say for sure but it sure sounds like it! I'd say good luck to him and the redwings but I wouldn't mean it! Go nucks go

Sorry if this is wrong forum but felt like it was the right one?

Thanks for the read and ur thoughts

if I was Holland I would try to surround this guy with good players. Not just some over-age "once playing really well" players, but good, up and coming players in order to get this guy inspired again.... it just feels like Datsyuk would be tired of losing again if Detroit doesn't go far again this year.

and if he really does retire, I expect Detroit to miss the playoffs for at least a couple of years, no offense to Zetterberg and Franzen, but everyone knows the heart and soul of the Wings these days is Pavel Datsyuk

Archived