The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Split up Sedins for the Playoffs...

Bananas

Here are my lines:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Kassian (with a fire under his big ass to go fish pucks from corners and hand it to the twins)

Higgins - Roy - Kesler (I've no f***ing clue why this line was torn apart by AV)

Burrows - Lapierre - Hansen (they worked wonders in the tail end of the regular season and are all playoff performers)

Sestito - Gaunce - Weise (big hard checking forth line that you know will be responsible defensively)

I prefer Alberts over Ballard in the playoffs especially since he's been playing good hockey (I know he didn't have a good game last night but don't put him the doghouse for it)...

Oh and lastly D. Sedin might wanna shoot the puck from time to time when he's left alone in the slot :picard: ... embarrassing.

I actually agree with the OP. This tactic would confuse the other team as their whole defence is based on killing the Sedin cycle and making the Canucks rely on secondary or scramble scoring.

The definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

It's insane to watch the Sedins try to outcycle the opposition when they (the opponent) knows exactly what's coming.

However, since AV will not do this, IMHO,. we are heading directly towards a first round exit and the excuses will be, once again, that the players were not healthy. Actually, they aren't good enough to win and their health has nothing to do with it.

Splitting them up is not going to happen, but I would like to see them thrown out there individually from time to time.

With very little powerplay time, they could double shift a bit 5 on 5, and give our other lines a different look.

splitting sedins in playoffs is not a good idea.. we could have done that in regular season to see how they play in different lines.. playoff is not about doing experiment on different lines... its about sticking with your usual lineup and getting results.

The Sedins aren't the problem. Second and third scoring threats are. We should have made another trade at the deadline to get a good winger. We are depending on people to step up and right now theyre not. I think they were counting on Higgins, Raymond, Burrows, Booth, and Kassian, all being able to produce a steady source of secondary scoring. The only one that has been able to do that this year is burrows (and he doesn't count because he's playing with the sedins.) Booths been hurt, Kassian slowed down big time, and Raymond and Higgins have done alright. Centers can't do it alone. Look at Pittsburgh. They have 3 quality centers, but they are surrounded with players like neal, iginla, kunitz, dupuis, etc. If you ask me, the key to us winning the cup is winders stepping up. Not splitting up the sedins.

Not sure why people freak out when someone suggests splitting up two players on Canucks top line. It happens on hockey teams all the time. Hank was under a PPG player before Daniel was hurt last yr. He became a PPG afterwards - with Lappy on his line. They can play hockey without eachother.

The main problem IMO was the Canucks 1st line. AV's inability to get them away from Vlasic, and that lines inability to generate any scoring chances 5 on 5. So for gm2, every line gets switched up except for the 1 line that didn't generate. Go figure. But SJS doesn't have 2 Vlasics, splitting up the Sedins would throw a huge monkey wrench in McLeallans plans. If Canucks lose tonight and 1st line didn't generate much - I'd split them up for sure. I'd put Daniel with Roy ASAP.

Archived