The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

You can get ephedrine from GNC. Do 3 x 8mcg tabs with 200 aspirin and you're good.

I have a personal trainer 4 times a week. Bulked up to 224 this winter. Started cutting on Jan 1st. Weighed in at 203 on Monday at 23% body fat.

Hoping to get down to 185 by summer. Should be pretty lean by then. Hope around 13-16% body fat.

I do HHIT cardio. I do dead treads. Unplug your treadmill and run on it for 15 seconds and walk for 45 seconds. Repeat for 25 minutes. Pushing the track on the treadmill with the motor off is brutal. My legs are destroyed the next day.

how are your knees holding up? I did HHIT for a while but started developing knee pains so i do it on the bike now, which i dont find as effective Edited by canucks#01fan

Gonna start lifting heavily and eating right this summer, I've done it before but never really got into it. Right now I have the opposite of chicken legs from playing so much hockey.

Can anyone recommend a good cheap gym in and around the tricities. So far the cheapest seems to be Club16.

nothing is cheaper then club 16

I was actually thinking of making a thread/status about this. Does anybody go to Club16/have been, and have anything to say about it? I've never really worked out before, but I'm looking to start getting in shape this summer... I'm a pretty skinny guy, not really looking to get super buff or anything like that, I mainly just want to get active and moving around again. And I was thinking about signing up there since it is the cheapest around and the Surrey location's not too far from me.

I was actually thinking of making a thread/status about this. Does anybody go to Club16/have been, and have anything to say about it? I've never really worked out before, but I'm looking to start getting in shape this summer... I'm a pretty skinny guy, not really looking to get super buff or anything like that, I mainly just want to get active and moving around again. And I was thinking about signing up there since it is the cheapest around and the Surrey location's not too far from me.

Hopefully someone on here has gone to Club16 and can clear this up, but I looked into it in the past and read reviews and people talked about some hidden fees.

Quote from Yelp: "14.99 seems cheap but there are a lot of hidden fees...the enrollment fee, the card fee, the annual fee, fitness assessment...etc."

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/club-16-trevor-linden-fitness-coquitlam

Hopefully someone on here has gone to Club16 and can clear this up, but I looked into it in the past and read reviews and people talked about some hidden fees.

Quote from Yelp: "14.99 seems cheap but there are a lot of hidden fees...the enrollment fee, the card fee, the annual fee, fitness assessment...etc."

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/club-16-trevor-linden-fitness-coquitlam

I know for sure there's a big membership fee you pay up front. $69 when I asked but it can go up or down. In the long run it's obviously a better deal. Not sure about the other fees though.

Anyone else here doing p90x or have done p90x? I'm on day 33 right now and slowly seeing some results. Would like to know when the results become quite noticeable. Is it after month two?

Also, ephedrine isn't illegal. Its just not allowed in professional sports. I know some people who stack ephedrine with caffeine to increase their metabolism. However, I would not recommend it because it probably fracks your heart up.

Indeed, I have been using hemp protein for over a year now and it works great.

Same here, and if you add brown rice and pea protein to it you get an even better protein profile. But hemp seed alone is pretty good. I add a big scoop to coconut yogurt or in my smoothies.

Edited by SILLY GOOSE

Do you even lift?

In the past I've never really tried Olympic style lifts (squats, deadlifts, cleans, snatches, etc) and now that I've been trying them they are what I find the most fun to add into my routine. Lots of explosive power and full body work. So much to learn as well.

I'll start by asking what's everyone's goals for this summer? I'm probably looking to add another 5-10 pounds this summer, up 10 in the past 6 months, 5 or so of that 10 being in the last month or two.

I'd like to drop roughly 10 pounds to achieve a nice strong lean body physique. Nutrition (cutting out bad foods) is always the most difficult part. Although meal wise I eat very healthy, it is the crap foods in between or afterwards that puts a damper on achieving really good results.

• Upvote 1

The best advice when actually in the gym that I could give is to have a good spot with you on a regular basis. And when I mean a good spot, not some random Joe but a friend or family member. Someone that can spot you exactly how you want and knows what you're trying to do. Someone that can help you push out a few extra reps every set. Often I find there are far too many useless tits that stand there and don't give you that little extra push when you need it which makes all the difference in the world. Often I wanted to say: I asked you to spot me, not stand there and watch.

• Upvote 1

I've recently started squats and deadlifts as well.

And I love Vitaly, my favourite Youtuber.

And a proper spotter is a must! Allows you to push yourself to the max.

Anyone have experience with stretch marks on your arms from gaining muscle? Recently started going a lot to the gym.

Currently trying coconut oil which I read online.

Edited by PlayStation

I've recently started squats and deadlifts as well.

And I love Vitaly, my favourite Youtuber.

And a proper spotter is a must! Allows you to push yourself to the max.

Anyone have experience with stretch marks on your arms from gaining muscle? Recently started going a lot to the gym.

Currently trying coconut oil which I read online.

ya stretch marks are common for me by my rotator cuffs, lats, and arms. I use the stuff for new mothers lol

Also, i see many people with curls backs doing deadlifts and its only a matter of time before they snap their $#!+ up, hope thats not you

ya stretch marks are common for me by my rotator cuffs, lats, and arms. I use the stuff for new mothers lol

Also, i see many people with curls backs doing deadlifts and its only a matter of time before they snap their $#!+ up, hope thats not you

Tyler Seguin deadlifts is a good clip to watch for anyone that isn't sure how to do them.