Edler

To Van:

3rd over all pick

Maybe Yzerman will like the idea of an Edler-Hedman d-pair

To Philly:

Schneider

To Van:

Sean Couturier and 2013 1st

Everyone knows we aren't getting much for Lui, so it's better to keep him imo. Everyone also knows Schneider will get the best return. Philly gets a franchise goalie which they've desperately needed for years. Win-win for both teams

With a young centre-man Like Couturier who was a 1st round pick just a couple of years ago, and 3 1st round picks this year, Canucks set themselves up for a great future. As for current benefits, we shed $9M in cap hit with this trade and with a buyout of Ballard and Booth, we would save a further $8.45M. Perhaps with the saved money, we could dip into the UFA pool and grab some good players like a David Clarkson and an offensive defenseman like a Mark Streit to replace Edler

So potential 1st round draft picks this year:

Drouin or Barkov, Nikita Zadorov, Max Domi

Potential 2013-2014 Lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Clarkson

Burrows-Kesler-Higgins

Hansen-Couturier-Kassian

Weise-Lain-Sestito

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Garrison-Tanev

Streit-Corrado

Luongo

Lack

Tampa Bay probably keeps Vancouver on the line but keep in mind high top 3 draft picks typically sell for a higher price than they are worth. Tampa Bay may honestly push for a little more but I truly can't say for sure.

Likely a similiar deal with Philly. They probably don't hang up but I doubt they would do that trade. Philly has made it publically known that Couturier has an inflated asking price (aka the NHL's reality definition of untouchable). I would absolutely see them trading him in a deal that returns Schneider but also getting the 11th overall pick out of them is a longshot. You should keep in mind the Flyers draft history in the last 10 years. They have had 8 1st round selections since 2003. Jeff Carter #11, Mike Richards #24, and Claude Giroux #22 are 3 established all stars taken in those picks. With the exception of the 2012 pick #20 overall Scott Laughton who obviously is still in juniors all of these selections are current NHL players. #8 Sean Couturier, #19 Luca Sbisa, #2 JVR, and #29 Steve Downie are the only 4 selections all in the NHL and productive players or solid looking prospects. So despite the Flyers willingness to part with draft picks they do realize they draft well and won't give up that #11 pick so easily in addition to Couturier.

Wow no way in he'll does anyone give up third overall for a plug like Edler, and the second trade, I won't even respond to it's so retarded. You ought to take your homer glasses off and think realistically

Wow no way in he'll does anyone give up third overall for a plug like Edler, and the second trade, I won't even respond to it's so retarded. You ought to take your homer glasses off and think realistically

Archived