The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bieksa says Sharks are Diving - Questions their "Canadianess" ***With Video***

Go back and look at the penalties for that series.  I heard this a couple of times and had to know.  

Turns out they were almost dead even.  We just happened to capitalize.  There were lots of penalties in one game in particular with guys on both sides getting 10 minute misconducts but the end result was a wash.  Even the Chicago series in 2011 was basically a wash penalty-wise.  This series has the most one-sided reffing this team has ever seen.  Nielsen put a towel on a     stick for less.

I often wonder if they ever review their own calls... it certainly doesn't look like they are.

I have another theory in regards to the US vs Canadian markets... I look at the population numbers 350mil vs 35mil (at its best for Canada)... Now I hear its impossible to watch hockey games in US due NHL losing out on ESP contract, so US is a untapped market... NHL is a business and I believe they are looking into profits before anything else... Who @NHL cares if Canucks wins a cup over NHL losing out on millions???

I was listening to a big radio personality in US (name escapes me right now - he covers many radio stations on the east coast) and he was saying during the Chicago undefeated run there was not a single newspaper advertising this great achievement by the Hawks... Don't want to pump the Hawks tires here, but if Canucks somehow achieved the same record or even remotely close of beating a record like this, they would be all over the newspapers and TV... hell even with the team sucking it up they are still on front pages of newspapers...

With that being said, how many people will end up purchasing SJ memorabilia and apparel from this series and how many Canadians will buy if Canucks were to advance? If were looking from the aspect point of view of US vs. Can population it will be 10:1 and if we factor in that in US games are not televised and most fans don't really watch hockey until the playoffs, I would have to say the ratio is probably around 20:1 if not more, so in conclusion its much more profitable to prop up SJ and not Canucks...

NHL has a direct interest in SJ advancing and getting rid of a market which is already extremely saturated with hockey... the loss is not that big and they control the results of games whether we like it or not...

Its business 101

I often wonder if they ever review their own calls... it certainly doesn't look like they are.

I have another theory in regards to the US vs Canadian markets... I look at the population numbers 350mil vs 35mil (at its best for Canada)... Now I hear its impossible to watch hockey games in US due NHL losing out on ESP contract, so US is a untapped market... NHL is a business and I believe they are looking into profits before anything else... Who @NHL cares if Canucks wins a cup over NHL losing out on millions???

I was listening to a big radio personality in US (name escapes me right now - he covers many radio stations on the east coast) and he was saying during the Chicago undefeated run there was not a single newspaper advertising this great achievement by the Hawks... Don't want to pump the Hawks tires here, but if Canucks somehow achieved the same record or even remotely close of beating a record like this, they would be all over the newspapers and TV... hell even with the team sucking it up they are still on front pages of newspapers...

With that being said, how many people will end up purchasing SJ memorabilia and apparel from this series and how many Canadians will buy if Canucks were to advance? If were looking from the aspect point of view of US vs. Can population it will be 10:1 and if we factor in that in US games are not televised and most fans don't really watch hockey until the playoffs, I would have to say the ratio is probably around 20:1 if not more, so in conclusion its much more profitable to prop up SJ and not Canucks...

NHL has a direct interest in SJ advancing and getting rid of a market which is already extremely saturated with hockey... the loss is not that big and they control the results of games whether we like it or not...

Its business 101

Uh ...it is called "sarcasm"!

The SJ Sharks...lead by Captain Joe, were among those who participated in a propaganda campaign ie: (CBC)(Chicago-Tribune)(Boston)...& slammed our 'Nucks mercilessly on this issue. Bieksa was just tellin' 'em (SJ Sharks) to hold-up the "hypocrisy" mirror!

Juice also asked officials to NOT just follow the crowd, or the negativity-fuelled hype from Auger-gate, Juvenile-Joe, Ron MacLean, Don Cherry, the Bruins OR the rest of that villainous eastern media propaganda machine....but to watch-out for the antics of the OTHER guys...just as carefully.

ALL true.

Its business 101

I wear my no.3 Bieksa jersey proudly but Bieksa should keep his mouth shut on this subject. There is not a single player on our roster that can talk about embellishment and be taken seriously.

Talk about the anti-Canuck bias of NHL officials all you want, our current roster is full of whiners and divers.

Keep your mouth shut, head down, and play some hockey.

Bieksa should shut his trap and put all his energies into playing hockey himself. He's been brutal.

Also, he just excused, however unintentionally, the refs for their disgraceful performance last night by implying that they couldn't avoid calling penalties against the Canucks because of the embellishment. But that's why they have the offsetting embellishment minor.

I think Juice was right, they were definitely embellishing just to receive calls... They knew their PP would win it for them. It doesn't help that Bur and Kes have put us in that spot from their kind of play in the past, I hope SJ knows what they are getting themselves into.

They will start to develop a reputation, just as we have and it might ruin a playoff series for them- just as it has for us for two years now. I think it's funny how the hockey world received the comments made by Juice, it really has been Canucks against the world.

EDIT: One of the positives here is that Lu has increased his value in my eyes to any teams looking to target a goaltender, a negative though would be that we need a new coaching staff and possibly a new GM... Also Schneider's play under pressure was pretty darn poor. :sadno:

Archived