The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lets talk about the bottom 6

lee goren rulez69

Higgins, 0 goals in his last 20? playoff games. that 4 year extension sure is looking great right now

Kassian, did nothing

Raymond, scored his 1st playoff goal after not scoring in 18 games. thank god he is gone this summer

Hansen, he was solid

4th line, not even worth mentioning but year after year we have a 4th line consisting of plugs and AHL journeymen

oh and who the frack is suppose to be our 3rd line center? we don't have one :sick:

why can't this organization develop a good bottom 6 ever? this has been a big problem for the past few years now, MG needs to adress this or gtfo. it's sad watching this team when you see other team's bottom 6ers scoring game winners and big playoff goals.

If we wanna be a serious contender, players like Higgins, Lapierre, and Hansen should be on the fourth line. Great teams have players who are better than the line they're on.

The way I see it, our biggest need is to completely reconstruct our third line. And we need to trade Luongo, Ballard, Booth, and possibly Edler to do it. And we`ll need at least one more elite top 6 forward.

This should be the foundation of our bottom 6:

Burrows - Blank - Blank

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

If we wanna be a serious contender, players like Higgins, Lapierre, and Hansen should be on the fourth line. Great teams have players who are better than the line they're on.

The way I see it, our biggest need is to completely reconstruct our third line. And we need to trade Luongo, Ballard, Booth, and possibly Edler to do it. And we`ll need at least one more elite top 6 forward.

This should be the foundation of our bottom 6:

Burrows - Blank - Blank

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

The bottom six is fine. The only thing missing is a proper center. It's been missing for a while now and Gillis knows this, and pretty sure management has been saying it for the past couple years. Without a proper center, there isn't anyone to get puck possession. There's no one to set up plays.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20133VANSASALL&sort=faceOffWinPctg&viewName=summary

You can't win, when your 3rd and 4th line center has a 30% chance of winning the face off.

Well if that`s all we can get, that`s all we can get.

Gillis has gone too far down the trade Luongo road to turn back now. He`s been completely disrespected here after being nothing but a great franchise player for us. Now he wants out.

The only way he stays is if Gillis fires AV, trades Schneider, and gets down on his hands and knees and begs.

The bottom six is fine. The only thing missing is a proper center. It's been missing for a while now and Gillis knows this, and pretty sure management has been saying it for the past couple years. Without a proper center, there isn't anyone to get puck possession. There's no one to set up plays.

http://www.nhl.com/i...iewName=summary

You can't win, when your 3rd and 4th line center has a 30% chance of winning the face off.

We have no bottom 6 cuz our bottom 6 are playing as top 6.

As much as I like Hansen and Higgins, they are 3rd line players. It's ridiculous to expect them to carry the team for offense. Lapierre plays with AHL players, so can't expect much from him.

With the emergence of Corrado, I see Bieksa expendable. He's got actually a lot of value in this league. He could get a very nice return to help out with scoring or players for the bottom 6. I'd like to see Martin in a Canucks Uni.

We need a legitimate 3rd line centre. Someone who is above average defensively and can win faceoffs but can also chip in 30-40 points a season. Basically a combination of Malhotra and Roy. All the top teams have one. Chicago has Bolland, LA has Stoll... Martin Hanzal is the first player that comes to mind in terms of players that could be available. He's 6'6 and only 26. If the Canucks can somehow pry him and Doan out of Pheonix....

I think Gillis needs to sell to the players that next season will be their last best chance. Because in all honesty it might be.

To do that he needs to upgrade the roster big time in order for players to buy in.

At least 7 or 8 trades or signings are needed IMO.

Archived