The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religions in Canada / BC - Stats Can 2011 Data

Wetcoaster

And yet she hired a gay person as her campaign manager. Odd.

Or perhaps not when you consider her remarks in context and how she conducts her personal affairs.

Asked if she believes homosexuality is a sin, Polak said the Catholic church she belongs to teaches that it is.

“I’m supportive of individuals in all walks of life. I have my own religious beliefs but in terms of my actions, I think they speak for themselves. In terms of my faith, it is not for me to judge but to show caring and love for all people,” she said.

That's some nice editing there. Makes Mary Polak look like maybe she doesn't have anything against homosexuals.

But wait, there's more...

Polak brought up religion after Hauptman quit. When asked if she supports same sex relationships, she says she has her own religious beliefs.

Polak was then asked if homosexuality is a sin.

"My Catholic church teaches that it is, just as for those in other faiths they believe that perhaps eating meat is a sin. Religions have various strictures that they outline in various dogma but the ultimate is in how you behave you behave to one another and it is not for me to judge what somebody else does."

Seems pretty black and white to me. She thinks homosexuals are sinners.

Archived