The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How long does it take to evaluate AV and his staff?

aqua59

I agree with an evaluation period. How ever when coming to evaluate this coaching group even the fans have become aware that their message is stale. Rumors of players not getting along with AV, Kessler comes to mind.

A dreadful power play run by a guy behind the bench that can barely see over the bench, (doubt he played in the NHL).

An inability by coaching to use the players provided for specific areas which has been evident for several years starting with Ballard. And we know there's more.

With a directional change we know AV doesn't have it in him to change, at least that's how I and many others see it.

So what's to evaluate about this coaching group? They're stale and boring brand of hockey is evidence in itself.

They would have been fired in less than 24 hours on my watch.

I'll give Gillis this, he didn't throw AV under the bus when he clearly could have when AV is a huge part of the problem.

Thoughts? How much time does one need to evaluate this mess?

I'd say a week at most.. Its all part of the Mike Gillis "inspect every angle" train of thought.. Say what we will about gmmg but the man does not make rash decisions.. This can be a pro and a con depending on how you wish to look at it.

I think its inevitable AV will be fired.

I wish he would have went down guns blazing with the refs.

He has no emotion so team follows his lead and they have no emotion.

I hope MG make his move quickly. A much as I dont like AV, I dont want to see him twisting in the wind with uncertainty.

Now if he doesn't get fired, I'll be joining the fire MG bandwagon and stop watching Canucks hockey next year

We need a coach to come in that can light a spark. I've said this after the 2011 finals and after the round 1 exit last year, this team is too laid back, allowing the other team to dictate pace. The other teams have double and triple teamed the puck carrier forcing turnovers or awful shooting positions. When the other team has the puck we back off allowing them to setup plays, shooting lanes, etc. There are rare glimpses where we can get a few passes here and there, but it's not for the entire game.

I say the Canucks need a coach that is going to motivate the players. I've even heard that for two or three of the playoff games this year, Vigneault didn't even enter the dressing room before the game and during a few of the intermissions.

Someone like Lindy Ruff would be perfect for this group. Yes, he does run a similar system to AV but the big difference is that he's one of the most passionate coach's around. He'll give the players the kick in the a$$ that they seem to need.

Agree completely with you. What's there to evluate when we can all see the problem and everybody knows what it is; it's the damn coach.

MG said youngsters will have to come up and play with the cap crunch, but like how OP said, knowing AV, he won't change his philosophy and its evident he won't cause we've seen it throughout the years. Heck, Kassian was said to be starting and getting icetime, MG said that, so did AV, but yet again, AV talked the talk but never walked the walk, putting Kassian in his doghouse and giving him minimal minutes.

Edit: what the hell is wrong with AV, seriously!? That turd of a coach never plays youngsters and when he does, they make a mistake and their done. That's how their supposed to get better stupid; make mistakes and learn. You don't think even guys like Crosby never made a mistake...of course they did, but the coach is smart enough to know - the slightest bit of common sense really - that the player will only get better as he screws up and continues to learn the game. Retard that guy is behind our bench. I swear he better be relieved of his duties otherwise we're in for another season of failure, and failure as in no Stanley Cup..

I agree with an evaluation period. How ever when coming to evaluate this coaching group even the fans have become aware that their message is stale. Rumors of players not getting along with AV, Kessler comes to mind.

A dreadful power play run by a guy behind the bench that can barely see over the bench, (doubt he played in the NHL).

An inability by coaching to use the players provided for specific areas which has been evident for several years starting with Ballard. And we know there's more.

With a directional change we know AV doesn't have it in him to change, at least that's how I and many others see it.

So what's to evaluate about this coaching group? They're stale and boring brand of hockey is evidence in itself.

I'll give Gillis this, he didn't throw AV under the bus when he clearly could have when AV is a huge part of the problem.

maybe MG is waiting for ruff to come back from World's or waiting for tippet's contract to end before firing AV and co.

or maybe waiting for detroit to lose and fire babcock :bigblush:

either way, i think we would know by the end of the month....hopefully its a press conference starting with " The Canucks organization has released Alain Vigneault from head coach position.........."

Archived