The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which goalie should the Vancouver Canucks keep?

-Vintage Canuck-

Which goalie should the Vancouver Canucks keep?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm aware there have been plenty of threads about Schneider and Luongo in the past, but things have certainly changed after this year's Playoffs. So the question is: Which goalie should the Vancouver Canucks keep and why? Talented goaltender with good upside or quality, yet fragile veteran goaltender?

Here are some stats:

Cory Schneider

canucks-schneider-replaces-luongo.jpg

Vancouver Canucks #35 Goaltender 6'2" 195lbs Catches:L | Drafted 2004 - 1st round (26th overall) by the Vancouver Canucks | Born: Mar 18, 1986 - Marblehead, Massachusetts

2012-13 | GP 30 | GS 30 | MIN 1733 | W 17 | L 9 | T 0 | OTL 4 | EGA 1 | GA 61 | GAA 2.11 | SA 835 | SV 774 | SV% .927 | SO 5

Roberto Luongo

luongo.jpg

Vancouver Canucks #1 Goaltender 6'3" 217lbs Catches:L | Drafted 1997 - 1st round (4th overall) by the New York Islanders | Born: Apr 4, 1979 - Montreal, Quebec

2012-13 | GP 20 | GS 18 | MIN 1197 | W 9 | L 6 | T 0 | OTL 3 | EGA 2 | GA 51 | GAA 2.56 | SA 551 | SV 500 | SV% .907 | SO 2

Gillis said we need to get younger. That doesnt happen overnight, he may have another few year plan.

Y'all for the most part have no patience, as sad as i will be to see Lu walk. Cory is our guy, i have finally come to grips with it instead of being in denial.

Archived